Chapter one: The girl

Erik's POV

It has been 121 years since the Opera House burned. 121 years since Christine left me for that Vicomte. No one ever visits or even wants to re-open the Opera House. A few years after the fire, two men decided to rebuild the Opera House but didn't have enough to buy the opera house fully. I've had no inspiration for music so I just listen to others music on the radio that I 'borrowed'. Today, after getting bored of listening to the radio, I decided to do some thinking in my box. On my way there, I heard something that I'd never thought I'd hear..... music. Inside the Opera House? As I got closer to my box, I realise where the music was coming from: the stage. I finally got to my box and looked over to the stage. I saw a girl, sitting on the edge of the stage above the pit where the orchestra used to play. She had brown hair that went just past her shoulders, her skin was a light tan, she wore a purple polka-dot dress, brown lace sandals and in her hair was a Pansie hair clip. I couldn't see her face as she had her head down looking at her notebook writing.

After a while of observing her, a song that I knew all too well came on: Phantom of the opera

After a while of observing her, a song that I knew all too well came on: Phantom of the opera. I saw her lift her head from her notebook and a smile formed on her face. She stood up quickly and ran to the centre of the stage.

The girls POV

I smiled when one of my favourite songs came on: Phantom of the Opera sang by Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess. That story has stuck with me for years and I will never forget it. I stood up and waited for the Phantoms part, (it's the easiest part for me to sing)

Christine:

In sleep, he sang to me,
In dreams, he came,
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name,
And do I dream again?
For now, I find.
The Phantom of the Opera are there
Inside my mind.

Phantom (Me):

Sing once again with me
Our strange duet
My power over you
Grows stronger yet,
And though you turn from me
To glance behind
The Phantom of the opera is there
Inside your mind.

As I waited for my next line, a voice sang Christine's line and I swear my smile got bigger.

The voice:

Those who have seen your face
Drawback in fear
I am the mask you wear...

Me:

It's me they hear.

Both of us:

My/your spirit and my/your voice
In one combined
The Phantom of the opera is there/here
Inside your/my mind

I looked over to box five, my smile still fixed on my face, thinking, in my mind, I knew who was singing with me. I continued looking at box five as I continued.

Me:

In all your fantasies
You always knew
That man and mystery

The voice:

Where both in you

A figure slowly walked into view as we continued and it turned out my suspensions where true. As far as I was aware, there is only one person who wore a white mask, black suit and a raven hair wig: THE Phantom of the Opera.

Both of us:

And in this labyrinth
Where night is blind
The Phantom of the Opera is there/here
Inside your/my mind

Me:

My angel of music

Phantom:

He's there
The phantom of the opera

Me:

Sing!

(Mini time skip to the end of Christine's vocalise bit 'cause I'm lazy)

Sing for me!

I have bought you
To the seat of sweet music's throne
To this kingdom where all must pay homage to music
Music
You have come here
For one purpose and one alone
Since the moment I first heard you sing
I have needed you with me
To serve me
To sing for my music
My music

Erik's POV

Her voice... it was beautiful! No note out of place, just perfect.

(A/N: I have no idea how to describe a beautiful voice)

"You have a beautiful voice mademoiselle," I said.

"Thank you monsieur Phantom" she replied bowing slightly, "or would you prefer Erik?"

My eyes widened when she said my name. How does she even know my name?

"H-how do you know my name?" I stuttered.

"I know about your past, a lot of people do, and I was curious to know if you had a real name, so I looked up your name and 'Erik Destler' came up" she explained.

"Why would you want to know my name?" I asked, "after everything I've done. Why?"

She walked over to the edge of the stage and replied, "Because I never saw you as a monster."

I looked at her confused.

"I saw you as a man," she continued with a smile on her face, "A man who longed for someone to love him for who he is because, for his entire life, he never got that."

"What is your name mademoiselle?" I asked.

"Addie. Addie Long."

(A/N: GOD! This took forever to post. I hope you enjoyed this first chapter.)