Chapter Eighteen: Erik meets Addie's mum again

We announced the news to (Y/N) and Katelyn on the weekend and they congratulated us none stop.

"How are you going on with (C/N)?" Addie asked (Y/N).

"We're getting on well," (Y/N) said, "unlike you two."

"What about you Katelyn?" I asked.

"Still friends," she said just as her phone went off, "speak of the devil."

We were all silent until she squeaked in excitement.

"What is it?" Addie and (Y/N) asked at the same time.

"Freddy has asked me to meet him at the back of the museum and wear something nice!" She said.

"I have a feeling Katelyn will no longer be a single pringle" (Y/N) said smiling.

"Someone please tell me what a single pringle is," I said since Addie still wouldn't tell me.

"It's a strange way of telling someone your relationship status," Katelyn told me, "a single pringle means you're single and taken bacon means you're taken."

"Okay," I said simply.

"Anyway, what am I going to wear?" Katelyn asked, "do you have a dress I can borrow (Y/N)?"

"I haven't worn a dress since Primary Five" (Y/N) told her.

"Addie?" she asked.

"I could lend you a dress but only this once," Addie told her.

"Thank you, Addie," Katelyn said.

"Come on before I change my mind," Addie said standing up.

"So where are you planning to get married?" (Y/N) asked once they left the room.

"We were thinking about Happy Valley but then we thought maybe the St. Magnus Cathedral," I said.

"Thinking of doing any wedding traditions?" She asked.

"If you're talking about the blackening that happens in town, no," I said.

(A/N: this is a blackening)

"I would've loved to see you do that," she said.

"Knowing you, you'd love to see me and Addie have sex," I said.

"What makes you say that?" She asked.

"The fact that you somehow sneak the subject in a perfectly normal conversation," I told her.

"Okay true," she said, "by the way, what are you going to do about Addie's mum?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're going to have to get consent from her mother to marry," she told me, "I don't blame you for not knowing, you've never had a proper wedding."

"This is going to be interesting," I said.

"Good luck."

(Time skip)

Addie and I were walking to her father's grave since today was the day he died. Unfortunately, her mum was there before us.

"Mum," Addie said.

She turned to face us and said, "you visit your father but you don't visit me."