Chapter thirteen: Milo meets Addie

Addie was out of the lair so I was asking (Y/N) and Katelyn what Orkney was like. They told me it was a small island but it has nice landscapes as well as a lot of tourist sites. They told me how I might fit in quite well there because some of the people who lived in the town of Kirkwall were mentally and physically disabled.

"So I wouldn't be considered unusual in Orkney?" I asked them.

"I mean, you would be considered unusual but no one would say anything about it," Katelyn told me, "we are known to keep our opinions to ourselves."

"If you'd like, we could take you and Addie back to visit Orkney for a few weeks" (Y/N) suggested.

"That would be nice but.." I said before stopping making sure I was certain of my choice.

"But?" (Y/N) said urging me to continue.

"But perhaps instead of just visiting then coming back, we could live there," I said feeling confident about my decision.

"You'd like to move away from Paris?" Katelyn asked shocked at my decision.

"Have you talked to Addie about it?" Katelyn asked.

"Not yet but I'm hoping to tell her soon," I said.

"Is that the reason you asked about Orkney?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"I know a place for sale where you and Addie could live," (Y/N) said, "7 custicer crescent, it's on a hill and it's very quiet so you'll probably feel comfortable there."

"Do you know how much the house costs?" I asked.

"£452,000," she told me.

"I don't have that kind of money," I said.

"Neither do we," Katelyn said.

"Maybe the manager does" (Y/N) said and we just gave her a 'excuse me?' look, "think about it, how did he afford this place?"

"Good point," Katelyn said.

"I could talk to him about it but goodness knows of he will be generous enough to lend that much for a house," I said.

"Wouldn't hurt to try," Katelyn said.

"What about a job?" (Y/N) asked.

"I heard that the Grammar School are looking for someone to teach music," Katelyn said.

"I suppose I could teach music again," I said, "I'm going to talk to the Manager about the house. I'll be right back."

(Time skip)

I got to the Managers office and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Monsieur Sullivan said.

I walked in to see Monsieur Sullivan working on some papers until he looked up at me.

"Monsieur Phantom," he said standing up, "what can I do for you today."

"I was wondering if you could help me and my friend with something," I said closing the door.

"What is it Monsieur?" He asked.

"I'm considering leaving Paris with my friend and I was wondering if you could help pay for the house we plan on getting," I said hoping he would say yes.

"Of course!" He said, "and if it helps, I can pay for the furniture and other items."

"You're willing to help me and my friend?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked, "I'm happy that you wish to live a new life away France so I'll do anything to help you until you are able to handle it yourself."