Chapter twenty-one: The End

I was just watching TV with Erik, (Y/N) and Katelyn when I felt a sharp pain. I thought nothing of it until it gradually got worse and eventually, my water broke.

"ERIK!" I shouted since I was in the kitchen.

"What is it?" He asked once he got into the kitchen.

"It's time," I told him.

He ran to my side and helped me to (Y/N)'s car. He told them it was time and rushed me to the hospital. Me and Erik were rushed to the delivery room and I was crushing his hand.

Erik's POV:

I hated seeing Addie in pain but it was for a good cause. I tried to tell her that she was going great but I soon learned not to say these things during childbirth. After hours of screaming and hand crushing, Addie gave birth to a healthy baby boy. The doctors took him to get cleaned up so I stayed with Addie.

"Well done Addie," I said kissing her forehead.

"Can we not have any more children after this?" She asked letting go of my hand.

"Yes," I said.

Our son was cleaned up and the doctor gave him to Addie.

"He's beautiful," she said.

I couldn't help but shed a tear looking at him. This was my son, my flesh and blood.

"May I hold him?" I asked her.

"Of course," she said.

I took him from Addie and held him in my arms like he was a glass ornament and he would shatter if I wasn't careful. He opened his brown eyes and looked at me with curiosity. He reached his little hand up to grab my mask but I gently grabbed his hand and let him hold my finger.

"Curiosity killed the cat little one," I told him with a smile.

"What are we going to name him?" Addie asked.

Of course, we never thought of names.

"What's the name of the boy in Love Never Dies?" I asked.

"Gustave" she replied.

"How about calling him, Gustave?" I said.

"I like it," she said smiling.

While I was looking at Addie, I didn't realise Gustave was trying to grab my mask again. I only noticed when he brushed his little hand in my chin. I looked down at him and he quickly lowered his hand like he wasn't doing anything.

(Time skip)

Narrator's POV:

Gustave grew up to be just like his father and more. Gustave became a composer, singer and actor. (Y/N) and (C/N) eventually got married and had a few kids. Katelyn and Freddy also got married and had a few children. Addie and Erik were happy when Gustave got married and had two kids of his own. Erik and Addie loved to spoil their grandchildren. Milo did find someone eventually but never had children with them. Addie and Erik lived long happy lives before eventually passing away.

It's over now, the music of the night!

(A/N: for my first fanfiction, I think this went well. For all the readers, I thank you for reading and I am about to make a Phantom of the opera x reader book so keep an eye out for that.)

au revoir mes chers lecteur👋