Chapter eleven: Erik meets Milo

Addie stayed in box five for a while, singing some of the songs from Love Never Dies. Before she could sing another song, the door opened and Milo of all people walked in. Thank god the lights were off.

"Turn on that light and you'll regret it," Addie said in a serious tone which I've never heard from her before.

"Madame, the Opera House is closed, you shouldn't be here," Milo said.

"Mademoiselle actually and I won't leave because I simply can't," Addie said.

"How can't you leave?" Milo asked.

"I am a ghost," she said simply.

"If you're a ghost, when and how did you die?" Milo asked.

"1895 when the Chandler fell" Addie lied, "I got crushed by it and burned when this place caught on fire."

"Such a tragic accident," Milo said walking over to sit next to her, "what's your name?"

"Jeanne Thomas," Addie told Milo, "and yourself?"

"Milo Fitzgerald, I played Raoul recently," Milo said proudly.

"So I saw," Addie said with no emotion.

"Was I good at the role?" Milo asked worriedly.

"You were decent," Addie said, "it was just your accent and the way you said things that bothered me since I know the Viscount did not have a Scottish accent."

"Well, it's not my fault in from Orkney!" Milo said in annoyance.

"I was giving you an honest opinion Monsieur which is not something you would normally hear from me," Addie said like it was obvious.

'Since when did Addie learn to act?' I asked myself, 'this isn't the Addie I know and love.'

"Do you not like giving honest opinions to people?" Milo asked.

"No I don't," she said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because the last time I did it got me into trouble" she replied.

"Why are you so emotionless?" Milo asked which I was also curious about.

She was silent until she said, "no doubt because of my depression I gained after my mother and father arranged for me to marry a Viscount."

"Who would get depressed over marriage?" He asked.

"Before myself and the Viscount got married, if I did anything wrong or un-ladylike, I'd be punished by him," she said, "I'm just thankful that I was here during the accident."

I think it was a good thing she was wearing the dress I gave her for her birthday otherwise her lie wouldn't be very believable.

"Do you get along with any other ghosts around here?" He asked.

"Some" she simply said.

"You know, you sound awfully familiar," Milo said.

"Who do I sound like Monsieur?" She asked not breaking character.

"My ex-girlfriend, Addie Long" he replied.

"Addie Long?" She said, "I've heard that name before."

"Recently or in the past?" Milo asked.

"What is recently for you?" Addie asked.

"2010 to now," Milo said.

"Recently then," Addie told him.