Chapter seven: The Auditions

I woke up the next morning to find Addie sitting upright on the bed looking at Hetty.

"Morning you two," I said looking up at her.

"Morning Erik," she said putting Hetty on the bedside table.

"And I thought you'd still be asleep," I said sitting up.

"I couldn't get back to sleep after about 7:00 so I just stayed up but I decided to stay with you mostly because I didn't want to leave the warm bed," she said smiling.

"What made you wake up?" I asked her.

"Something I should've told you a while back, it's my birthday today," she told me.

"Well, happy birthday Addie," I said giving her forehead a quick kiss, "I'm sorry that I don't have anything for you."

"It's alright," she said, "I should've told you beforehand."

"Now that I remember, I wrote a song for you and I have a dress I made a while back that might fit you," I said.

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

"Yes," I said getting out of bed.

I took out a silk ball gown out of my wardrobe and showed it to her.

"Oh my goodness! It's gorgeous" she said getting out of bed.

"Try it on," I said giving her the dress and left the room to give her some privacy.

A few minutes later she came out wearing the dress and wow did she look beautiful in it.

"Can you help me tie the back?" She asked.

"Of course," I said walking up to her.

"Oh jeez!" She gasped when I tightened the laces, "I know women had these dresses tight but I didn't think it was that tight."

"You'll get used to it" I whispered in her ear quoting what she told me the day we went out.

"I think that's my line," she said giggling.

"There you go," I said stepping back.

"Thank you," she said turning to me.

"Now, would you like to try this new song?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

I played the instrumental first and allow Addie to look over the lyrics before she sang along.

"It still surprises me how you think of these songs," she said.

"I'm a composer," I said turning to her, "I write the songs I hear in my head."

"Melodies pure and unearthly?" She asked.

"How did you-?" I asked surprised.

"You said that in Love Never Dies," she said.

"That reminds me, follow me," I said leading her to the boat.

"Where are we going?" She asked sitting in the boat.

"The managers' office to see if the new manager got my reply to his note," I said guiding the boat away from the lair.

(Time skip)

We got to the managers' office and I quickly looked in to see Monsieur Sullivan writing at his desk. I knocked on the door and I heard him say, "come in."

We went in and he lifted his head from his papers. He stood up smiling at us.

"Bonjour Monsieur Phantom," he said shaking my hand, "and Mademoiselle-" he took Addie's hand waiting for her to give her name.

"Addie Long," she said smiling back at him.

"Take a seat," he said sitting back down, "I got your reply Monsieur, I called Andrew Lloyd Webber this morning asking if I could perform his musical and he agreed. I will start auditions as soon as I can."

"We look forward to it," I said.

"Which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical are you doing?" Addie asked since I forgot to tell her on the way here.

"Love Never Dies," he replied, "Monsieur Phantom's request."

(Time skip to the Auditions in February)

Today was the day of the Auditions and me and Addie were watching from Box Five. There where many people who wanted mine and Christine's role. After a while, one certain boy came on stage which made Addie try to get a closer look at him.

"What is your name?" Monsieur Sullivan asked.

"Milo Fitzgerald," he said.

Inside I was praying this wasn't the same Milo that was in Addie's nightmare.

"And what role are you hoping to get?" My manager asked.

"Either Phantom, Raoul or Doctor Gangle," he told him.

"The stage is yours," Monsieur Sullivan said.

"Excuse me, Erik," Addie said getting up from her seat.

"Alright," I said.

I have a bad feeling my suspension is correct.

Addie's POV:

Why is Milo here? He shouldn't even know I'm in Paris. I just kept walking until I found the chapel. I sat at the stained glass and rested my head on it.

"Dad, I don't know if you can hear me but, remember Milo? Yeah, he's here." I said hoping that maybe, just maybe, my father could hear me, "I'm hoping Erik will stay true to his word and keep me safe from Milo but I'm still scared. I wish you were here to also keep me safe."

I felt I was away for long enough so I headed back to Box Five. When I arrived back, Erik turned around and said, "Addie! You're back! I was starting to get worried."

"I'm probably not the one you should be worrying about," I said sitting down.

"What do you mean?" He asked taking my hand.

"You know Milo who just auditioned?" I asked.

He nodded.

"That's the same Milo I told you about"

(A/N: Milo is here! What will happen when he finds out that Addie loves Erik now? Will her dream come true? Find out in chapter 11 or 12)