6: Fuck 'Em And Suck 'Em

The place is darkness - it isn't just surrounded by or smothered in darkness, the place itself is darkness, and nothing but. And the figurative and literal meanings of the previous statement can just about be used interchangeably - the denizens of the cavern seem not to believe in 21st century forms of lighting, and some are even impartial to candles.

Mikey has figured that out by now at the very least, and he is unsure as to how he feels about it - the whole underground cavern under the mausoleum thing certainly adds to the atmosphere, but he can't help but feel as if he's nothing more than a not quite living, not breathing cliché. At least, unlike his brother, he isn't going all Edward Cullen on the new guy.

Mikey reckoned dating Ray didn't count as 'Edward Cullen'ish, mainly because Ray knew who he was and everything about him - Ray knew what he was getting into and Ray, he understood, whereas Frank was just about the dictionary definition of young and naive, and unbelievably star struck for guys in dark coats with inky black hair that hadn't been washed for several years now.

'Spider boy' as Frank had called him, hated being here - underground, in this cesspit of bloodsuckers and leeches - the scum of the undead, and this village. This was the only place that he saw his brother, and in fact, until recently, Mikey had begun to believe that he never even ventured above ground, but it seemed very much so that he'd been proven wrong with the unexpected encounter at the record store, which Mikey would even go as far enough as to consider his territory, as the younger of the brothers, much preferred the record store and the company of Ray Toro to this place.

He knew enough about his asshole of a brother, though, to know that this wasn't about him, Ray, or even his relationship with Ray, which Mikey would say had to be a first; Gerard's approach to humans seemed to be fuck them and suck them... of their blood, though he was sure that Gerard wasn't exactly impartial to other forms of sucking.

It was just Gerard's 'obsession' with little naive and annoyingly ignorant Frank Iero, that seemed to set things off here - Frank wasn't safe, that was for sure, and Frank wouldn't be told otherwise than his ignorance and light heartedness was also for sure, but of course, the chances of calling Gerard off a hunt, especially when he seemed all this keen, was just about nil to none.

He'd certainly never gone as far out as to seek them out above ground and in the other end of the village - the elder Way's hunting ground seemed to be limited to the graveyard and leeching of whoever he could intimidate or trick into letting him. Gerard was certainly one of the leeches of the community, and yet with Frank he seemed to be making an actual effort.

And if Gerard wasn't a fucking heartless, filthy, bloodthirsty, hormonal bitch, and they were just normal teenagers, then perhaps Mikey would have been glad that his brother had finally taken an interest in something normal, instead of just hiding away and living off rotting 'vintage' blood from the seventeen hundreds - he called it his equivalent of wine, but I knew this was nothing but a combination of a liar and someone who thinks their brother is an idiot.

There was just the matter of what to do about this that was plaguing Mikey's mind, especially since Ray was so continually insistent in retaining Frank's 'innocence'. Mikey thought it nothing more than a stupid idea, but he didn't want to upset his boyfriend, and he settled for calming his conscience with the excuse of Frank being Ray's friend and not his own, but with the death warrant they seemed to be signing for him, Mikey was beginning to doubt that anyone was Frank's friend right now.

Of course there was the matter of what on earth they could possibly tell him; how they could explain this to him in a calm manner and ensure that he didn't do anything stupid or confrontational, which judging by the offward glare Frank had given him when the two first met, Mikey didn't exactly deem unlikely. He wouldn't exactly blame Frank, though, what easy way is there to tell someone that an unstoppable, deadly, bloodsucker is hunting you down in particular and will enjoy playing with you and fucking with you head until he finally fucks you and takes your blood like a passing gift, leaving your relatives to deal with the corpse on the bedroom floor.