I'd give you my spark

CHAPTER TWELVE
2ND POV
8 / 1 3 / 1 9
/ / /
"Love is the only criminal who, after stealing your heart, convinces you to celebrate her."
Matshona Dhliwayo
/ / /

You fiddled with your new grappling hooks. After your original ones had been cut off when fighting the Decepticons, you had to make new ones. They were just as good though, as you'd spent hours upon hours making sure they were durable and combat ready.

A short amount of the cable stuck out from your palm. You loosely held onto it with your digits and let the cord and the end piece swing around in small circles. You were trying to distract yourself. It wasn't working though, you quickly tapped your pede on the dirt as if that would get all the worry out. Your wings were drooping and fluttering with nervousness.

You had called Arcee. You were in the same area, even sitting on the same boulder as when the two of you had a nice long chat.

The last time the two of you had talked had been the mission with Bulkhead. Nearly a week had passed since then.

You'd flirted with her arch enemy, leaving the femme angry as she stalked off with her friend. It probably hadn't been the smartest move on your part, considering you wanted to get to know her and court her. So, after you fixed your grappling hooks, you mustered up the courage to call her. You'd asked her to meet you here so the two of you could talk again. It took a little persuading, and by some miracle, the femme had begrudgingly agreed.

Now, you waited. You thought back on Aami, who'd made you promise to make your thing shorter than last time. You wondered if she knew of your attraction to Arcee. You hadn't told her about it. You figured the little one would only think you're getting yourself into more trouble.

   Would Aami be okay with it? Would she approve? You couldn't get with someone who wasn't liked by your child. That wouldn't do!

   What if Arcee didn't even like kids? Scratch that—Jack was her charge and she seemed to like him. But one that would want to call her Mom? What if she didn't like your kid? How would she even react to your plus one being a child?

   You vented deeply, in and out. You'd figure all that out later. You were only making your nerves get worse now.

The sound of a ground bridge pulled you out of your thoughts. Your wings peeled up at the noise. You sat in a sort of lackadaisical, man-spreading position, and changed it so you'd seem more attentive.

"Y/N." The femme's voice came from above. You leaned back and tilted your helm back, the back of it hitting the mesa wall. There you saw her, the sun shining on her back, causing her from to be enveloped in shadow.

"'Cee," you said back with a kind smile. You opened your servo and let the grappling hook slide back in.

   The two-wheeler's optics slimmed in response. She jumped down, doing a single, acrobatic flip and gracefully landed a few short paces away. She walked over until she was a few steps in front of you.

"What did you want to talk about?" Her voice was flat, cold. You nearly frowned at it.

   "I'm sorry I upset you," you told her sincerely.

   "Oh." She seemed surprised you apologized. But a second later, her expression hardened again. She crossed her arms. "Is that it?"