My favorite femmes

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
2ND POV
1 1 / 2 6 / 1 9
/ / /
"Be careful with that look you give, it steals heart beats."
- R. Zatko
/ / /

   "Are we really going to Cybertron?" Aami whispered to you as Optimus finished his sad speech. You nodded.

   You were all home now, back in base, safe and sound.

   "Yep. Excited?" You asked. She looked over the small base nervously, then out the door where sunlight poured in. She fiddled with her own fingers.

   "Yeah, but . . ." She bit her derma. "I'm scared. Earth is home. And now we're leaving? Forever? Am I gonna get to see Raf again? Why are you so happy to leave?"

   "Kid, kid, darlin', listen." You swallowed, thinking over what to say. You went down on your knees and sat on your quads. "We are leaving. I don't know when we'll come back, or how often, but it won't be soon or very often at all. I don't know if you'll see your friends again. Earth is home, you're right. And I am scared, I am terrified of the future and if it'll even work out, but right now, we gotta trust the Bots.

   I am excited because we're going to another planet! To help rebuild a civilization! You're going to have a life of adventure with your new mother, who is the loveliest and fiercest and most skilled woman I've ever known! Even out of all the gals I met durin' my crime days.

   It's a lot, I know. I'm sorry we can't take this slower. I'm sorry so much has happened in so little time and you've barely had the time to adjust. I am so, so sorry. It'll all slow down soon. You'll have time to breathe. Me and Cee and everyone else will do our absolute damndest to make sure you have an amazing life. I promise a thousand times over."

   "Yeah," Arcee piped up, walking over, "and, you'll be the first little girl from Earth to live on another planet." She put a servo on ypur shoulder and leaned into your side.

   Aami stared at you with her big, sparkling blue optics. "I guess so. And it is a lot. I kinda miss the days we lived alone on a ship in the middle of nowhere." She looked to Arcee. "Not that it isn't nice to have you around. Thanks Cenn. Thanks Mom."

   You nodded, paused, then grinned after processing what your little Aami had said. Arcee too, had paused in realization.

   "Go say bye to everyone, little blue. We'll be right with ya. Get your stuffed animal too, wouldn't wanna forget 'em." You kissed her helm, and she jogged off to do just that.

   "She called me mom," the two-wheeler said to herself.

   "She did!" You squealed. You hugged her from behind and shook her around amd kissed her cheek. She laughed at your antics and her new achievement. You stopped shaking, and just held her, swaying from side-to-side a little.

   "Did you say goodbye to everyone?"

   You sighed. "No. I just want to hold you right now."

   "C'mon. We're not going to be here much longer, unfortunately. Ratchet's already powered up the space bridge. I can say my farewells with you."

   "Alright, alright. Lets do that." You kissed her cheek and let her go, instead taking her servo.

   You said goodbye to the humans. Arcee said it in her own way to Jack. You said farewell to Ratchet. You picked up your daughter and held her close, taking one last look around the base from beside the glowing space bridge. Aami had her stuffed fox in her arms, squeezing it for comfort.

   You vented deeply. You were never coming back, were you?

   "Ready?" Your conjunx asked, taking your free servo. Some of the Bots had already done their difficult walk into the bridge and onto their old home.

   "Ready as I'll ever be. What about you, tiny?" You ask Aami.

   "Yeah. I guess." Her reply was meek. Her optics and cheeks glistened from tears she'd wiped away.

   "Let it all out, hon. I'm here, Momma's here, we got you." You kissed her helm lovingly as tears came rolling down. Arcee gave her a kiss on the cheek and tugged you away.

   You walked towards the space bridge. Behind you, there was only Optimus, bidding his oldest friend farewell. Your spark went out for the two. In front of you, the three of you focused on the portal and passed through.

   Your trio passed onto the other side. You saw the the rest of the team taking in their revived home planet. It was a wreck, but it was a wreck that could sustain life once again.

   You and Aami looked around at the place. It was ruins as far as the optic could see, but it was still breathtaking and, well, otherworldly. You smiled, thinking of all the possibilities.

   "Nice place," you remarked jokingly to Arcee. She smiled.

   "It'll get better," she replied.

   You let go of her servo just to hold her face and kiss her derma and cheek sweetly. "I know, and I can't wait. I love you both so fraggin' much." You looked down at Aami, who's tears had stopped rolling as she absorbed her new surroundings. "Don't go causing too much trouble, kid. You're gonna love this place too."

   "Cause trouble? Her?" Arcee questioned, amusedly.

   "Course! Just 'cause I'm notorious for it doesnt mean she has to be!" You joked.

   She laughed. "I love you too, Y/N. And you, Aami."

   Aami gave a small smile. "Thanks Mom. I lovd you guys too."

   You took Arcee by the waist and pulled her close again. You were so excited! You were gonna live out your dreams of a normal life on an entirely different planet! And with a beautiful, beautiful family!

   You squealed and shook your favorite femmes around again. "I'm so excited! And terrified. Mostly the first one, I think." Now Aami was smiling at you.

   Arcee just rolled her optics. She sighed and rested her helm on you shoulder.

THE END