16. The Plan

Pulse and Prism were given lavish quarters with a fresh, hot shower, and an excellent meal. The God-King had hundreds of massive buildings like this all over the globe, or so his servants said.
"I'm honestly having a hard time coping with all of this." Prism said, closing the book she'd been reading and setting it down on a nightstand as Pulse walked out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel.
"Which part?" Pulse laughed, rubbing the towel on his head.
"The hot shower, the lush towel, or the fact that the man who gave us all of this is the creator of at least half of our race?" Pulse said, sitting on the bed next to her. Their clothes had been washed and dried, and were sitting on the table at the foot of the bed.
"All of it, Pulse. This is too much." Prism said, falling back on the bed.
"He'll help us Prism. We'll find Siren, and everyone else, and we'll all go home." Pulse said, laying back next to her and taking her hand in his.
"This place smells amazing." Prism said softly, pulling herself close to him.
"I know." Pulse said softly, taking a deep breath.
"I feel better here. It's not... as dry, I think." Pulse said softly.
"You're right. There's mana here. I don't know how, but there is." Prism said, sitting up.
"It's a nice change." Pulse added.
"Right?" Prism said, grinning and running her hand across his chest.
"I just wonder where she is." Pulse said softly, holding her hand against him.
"We'll find her." Prism said softly, laying back on the bed beside him.

"All ten of them." Zavoyevatel said, holding his head in his hands.
"Yes, my king." His servant said, bowing his head. Zavoyevatel suddenly stood up and grabbed his throne, ripping it out of the floor and hurtled it out of his throne room, through the fifteen walls between him and the outside of his tower, sending it flying far into the city. It crashed into a nightclub and bounced through the crowd before crushing the DJ, killing him instantly. Zavoyevatel roared in fury, flames flickering out of his throat and spewing into the air above him as he roared, his voice shattering every window in his throne room. He took a deep breath and raised his hand as a new throne rose out of the floor and the walls and windows put themselves back together. He sat back down in his throne, feeling an impending sense of doom as he rubbed his head.
"Bring me our guests. Calmly." He said softly. They had a strike team specifically suited to take her down, one that had, presumably, taken seven hundred years to put together. Maybe they would have something he was missing. The guard let them both get dressed, and brought Pulse and Prism to his throne room with haste and they stood before him, unsure what he could want from them. Surely these two could not have been on the strike team. They looked more like entertainers that fighters. Prism looked far too gentle to fight, and Pulse had the most ridiculous hat Zavoyevatel had ever seen. A worn, beaten fedora, that had a hole where one of Pulse's ears poked through. Zavoyevatel wondered if he ever took it off.

"You said you had a team." The God-King said.
"Well, yes and no. There was a team, but it's not our team, per se." Pulse said.
"Is there, or is there not, a strike team, built by your legion, to take her down." Zavoyevatel said, leaning forwards in his throne.
"Yes, sir." Prism said, keeping her hand firmly wrapped around Pulse's.
"Do you know where they could have been taken?" Zavoyevatel asked them.
"I know of someone who would know, but I don't, not personally." Prism said softly.
"Can you contact him?" Zavoyevatel asked.
"If we had enough mana, we could. Together." Pulse said, squeezing Prism's had gently.
"Very well. Come with me. I have a room specifically suited for that task." Zavoyevatel said, standing up.

He led them to a large, round room, roughly thirty feet round, with a throne in the middle of it. He sat in the throne and took a deep breath as the guards ushered them in.
"This room will provide you with the energy you need to find him, channeling my power through it's walls and amplifying it. It has taken years to perfect this design, and you now the second individuals to have ever used it." Zavoyevatel said, focusing as he sat back in the throne.
"Who was the first?" Pulse asked, catching a familiar scent, along with the smell of blood.
"Her name was Moondust. She is dead." The God-King said simply, keeping his eyes shut.
"Moondust was here? She's... she's dead?" Prism asked, beginning to cry.
"Matilda murdered her. Find your team, and you may take your revenge." Zavoyevatel said, keeping his eyes closed as he laid his head back in the throne.
"We can find him." Pulse said, sitting cross-legged in front of Prism, who copied him, wiping away her tears. They held hands and closed their eyes as they focused, casting a massive aura across the globe for a brief second.
"Found him." Prism said, squeezing Pulse's hands as they both focused.