Kingdom

A woman rules.
No, she is not the ceremonial head.
Yes, she is the King herself.

****

I tell you, she drove many insane. Hearts filled with a certain consuming love at the sound of her voice.
"Why, My Lord, you look absolutely stunning!" A lady chirped.
Calm satisfaction plastered her face. "Thank you." She said with a slight smile.
I could bet she had no age. She uttered bits of wisdom, and spoke almost like an elder. Though she looked only a few years into teenagehood. I know she was born human, but she was more like a god now.
"Greetings, My King." A deep voice and a bow.
She sauntered. "Candy, call up the council of thought and emotion.... A war is coming." Blazing eyes hit him.
There it was; the fire in her eyes. Was it of fear or excitement? Even I'll never know.
You see, this King never wore what you'd ever expect. Velvet and silk but nonetheless "I do not believe in rules." She would say. Did gowns make females look elegant? She wouldn't argue that, but perhaps she just didn't fancy the idea. Today, her tail coat was made purely of gold with patterns of red velvet. Though the latter was the theme of her trousers. Her fingers adorned with rings of precious stones, she held the sceptre.
"We do not dread the war." She spoke as she looked out at the council. "The war dreads us. We fear not the darkness because we have the light. Though we may doubt ourselves, we speak in boldness and faith. We did not come to be scorned by those of little minds. We have our chest out and our head high." She paused. "I will tell you why, though you may already know. We have been polished; with soundness of mind, grace and dignity. If Armageddon does meet us, I promise you, we will rise from the ashes. We will be..." She paused and took a deep breath, as though searching for the right word "REBORN." She smiled satisfactorily.

"If any have a few to add, speak now or let your words remain unuttered."

"My King..." she looked up to see Fear speak. Ugly, yet well accepted. Unlike many, she understood that the council would be incomplete without it. "What exactly is it we battle against?" Her voice came huskily.

"Pain and Regret." she said simply. "Perhaps, they've joined forces with a past we dread. But that's not a problem, is it?"

An abrupt laughter came from within the council. "On the contrary. I fear for them." Confidence spoke.

The King smiled. "Any further remarks?" She asked. A moment of silence.

"Well then, without further ado..." She stamped the sceptre. "One body, one soul, one mind, one kingdom. Self awareness is bestowed upon us. We know who we are."

"Yes, we are not the title they want us under." The council echoed in response.

"We ARE the King." She said.

"And the King is us." They thundered.

"And so, let the game begin." She sat and closed her eyes, sinking into the throne.