14

"Fuck!" I yelled, my palms getting sweaty. I could feel the sweat trickling down my forehead. I was so close, my legs were shaking. "C'mon Ashton!"

"Ashton!" I screamed again, tossing the Xbox controller across the room. "You fucking arse, I was about to win!" After hours of playing, Ashton had beaten me again at FIFA. I sucked at that game.

Ashton threw his hands up in victory, cackling. "I am the winnerrrrrrr!" He jumped up from the couch and hopped up and down, doing a little dance.

I shook my head, laughing as well. "Whatever. I'm still better than you though." I leaned back on the couch, sighing in content. I've been here all day, but neither of us cared. It was better than being home.

The fact that I had confessed my love for him was no longer a lingering thought. He didn't seem to mind, maybe because he had so many people who adored him, even though he didn't think so.

"Do you want dinner?" He asked, heading into the kitchen. "I learned how to make chicken and rice last week. It's the best."

"That sounds good to me," I nodded, watching as he hustled around his kitchen, retrieving pots and pans and ingredients from the fridge and food cabinet. I admired his wavy locks and his built-frame. He always appeared so cuddly to me.

I love his dimples when he laughs and smiles, because they're like bowls you want to eat breakfast cereal in. His laugh was contagious and you couldn't help but to laugh along with him. With every move he made, I felt myself falling again.

But I had to pick myself back up.

"Get a damn haircut," I finally said. "Your hair is getting really long. It doesn't look so good anymore."

Ashton shot me a dirty look from the oven and rolled his eyes. "I think it looks hot."

"It looks so dirty, like you haven't washed it in days," I pointed out, scrunching my nose. "We can go tomorrow if you'd like, I'll pay. We can both get a haircut."

"Absolutely not, Lucas. I don't want to cut my hair," I stared at him as he neatly put portions of our dinner on two separate plates and as he poured two glasses of water. He turned off the stove and slid the plates on the table, grinning. "It doesn't look half bad, eh?"

"Looks delicious, Ash," I nodded, diving in. The first bite of the chicken practically melted in my mouth. "You made this?"

"You watched me, didn't you?"

I blushed, "True. It tastes really good."

"Thanks," Ashton chuckled. "Where are you staying? I kinda figured you don't want to go back home." I knew what was coming next. His gaze fell down to my wrist and I shifted uncomfortably.

"Uhm, yeah," I cleared my throat awkwardly. "I can call Michael, he has a guest bedroom. My stuff is there anyways."

"I don't want you to have to do that," He said, cutting up his chicken and popping the pieces into his mouth. "You can stay here until the situation is all worked out."

"No, Ashton, it's okay. I'll call him later tonight," I insisted, sipping my water. He didn't protest any further, knowing it would be pointless. "I'll start the dishes."

"I can dry them!" Ashton said eagerly, rushing to get a dish towel. He took his stance beside me, acting all professional. I had a problem with dishes, every single sud of soap had to be washed off before he could dry them. "Hurry up!" He whined, stomping his feet.

"Sometimes I forget you're almost an adult," I laughed at him, shaking my head. "You act like you're five years old!"

"Wow," he sniffled, pretending to cry. "Take that back."

"Uh, no."

"Fine," Ashton shrugged simply, wetting his hands and flicking the water at me. I jumped back, surprised. I didn't know he was going to do that. "Game on, Hemmings."

"Bring it, Irwin!" I shouted, splashing water at him.

Five minutes later, we were both on the floor, soaked, and dying of laughter. "This is why you're my best friend." I smiled sheepishly, leaning on my elbows to look at him.  How could someone be so gorgeous?

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and tilting his head.

"Because I think you're beautiful," I blurted, the heat rushing to my cheeks immediately. "I mean..."

"No, it's alright," Ashton clicked his tongue, smirking at me.

I leaned forward, he leaned forward. Our lips met and it was like fireworks exploded above us.

Loud, spectacular fireworks.

A/N

Well.

I bet you all thought they were doing the frickle frackle in the beginning.

You were wrong ;-)

OK SO I will start updating more frequently but shorter chapters.

Jordan x

Edited July 2019