Four

Steve followed Natasha through the airport. Natasha was always the leader, but it wasn't like Steve could find her Aunt Winifred, since he had little-to-no clue as to what she looked like. After all, the only picture that Steve had seen of Natasha's Aunt Winifred was a picture from when Sarina was pregnant with Natasha. Which was clearly a while ago.

The airport was emptying out and Natasha's teeth were in her lower lip. She ran her hand through her now gray bob while trying to make the new choppy bangs stay out of her eyes with little success. Steve knew that she was nervous. He was sure that even if she wasn't his best friend, he'd be able to tell. But knowing about one of her deepest fears was being forgotten, Steve had added insight.

Steve gave Natasha's hand a small squeeze to try and comfort her, but Steve was starting to get nervous too. Her aunt knew that they were arriving today, right? Right?!

Taking in a deep breath, Steve closed his eyes and Natasha took a hold of his hand, leading him to the other side of the airport of the room. Instantly reminding Steve of how petite he was and reminding him of his dysphoria and causing him to yank his hand from Natasha's grip. Natasha didn't seem to take it too personally though as she continued to cross the area, leading them over to where a taller boy with tousled brown hair stood with a decent size sign.

And although the neon pink of the sign didn't bother Steve, the name that was on it sure as hell did. The sign read, Welcome Nattie and Stephanie, with both i's dotted with glittery flower stickers.

Steve didn't typically get nauseous, but he sure as hell did in that moment. Especially when the brunet's brows furrowed and he asked Steve, "Stephanie?" No doubt expecting the girl that Steve used to appear as and Ivan, no doubt, relayed would be joining his daughter.

"Steve," Natasha sternly corrected for her best friend. Her jaw tight as she solidified, "This is my friend, Steve."

"Oh, okay," Natasha's cousin readily agreed. For a moment, Steve was fearful that he'd question it, and couldn't help the sigh of relief when the cousin didn't. Instead, he introduced himself, "I'm Bucky."

Steve nodded in acknowledgment and caught his first glance of Bucky's blue eyes. The steel blue causing Steve's heart to stutter in his chest, and causing everything else to become muted.

Natasha's sharp elbow to his ribs brought him back though, and Steve rasped, "Nice to meet you."

A smirk tugged at Bucky's red lips as he agreed, "Likewise."

Steve's breath hitched and he quickly averted his gaze to the ground, earning another harsh nudge from Natasha. Steve glanced up at her to find Natasha's face furrowed in confusion and annoyance, picking up on Steve's obvious attraction.

In a silent apology, Steve briefly winced. Natasha rolled her eyes in a muted reply, to which Steve welcomed. Discreetly, Steve ran his hand through his floppy blond hair so he could glance at Bucky. Bucky didn't seem to notice and instead was focusing on folding the poster board sign in his hand so it would fit in the trashcan.

With his gaze still focused on his hands, Bucky suggested, "We should probably get going."

"Sounds like a plan," Natasha readily agreed, removing her star shaped sunglasses from the top of her head and placing them on her face. Being careful as to not bump her right nostril with the new white opal stud in it.

Bucky smiled and gestured towards their duffle bags while he politely offered, "I can take those for you."

Still in a bit of a daze, Steve tore his gaze away from Bucky's red lips and glanced over at Natasha, silently wanting her to say something so he wouldn't have to. Natasha clutched her bag just a little bit closer to her petite frame and declined, "We're independent, so we've got it."

"Okay," Bucky nodded, shoving his hands into the pockets of his cargo shorts that appeared to be the same pair that Steve, himself, was wearing. With his broad shoulder, Bucky gestured towards the exits and asked, "Shall we?"

The pair readily agreed and started following Bucky out of the airport. As they crossed the parking lot, Natasha questioned, "Where's your mom?"

"Working," Bucky nonchalantly answered, glancing at Natasha and then past her to Steve.

Immediately, Steve blushed and averted his gaze to the ground. Suddenly, Steve was all too aware that this summer was going to be a whole hell of a lot more complicated than Steve had first assumed.