Eleven

"So," Natasha stated, taking a long drag off her cigarette. Flicking her ashes, she lamely confirmed, "This is Goat Steve?"

"Yup," Tibby gleefully grinned up at Natasha before allowing Goat Steve to lick her small heart shaped face. With that same enthusiasm that Steve was positive was just her personality, Tibby informed them, "They're Pygmies."

"Pygmy?" Natasha quirked a brow.

"Miniature," Bucky and Steve both answered. Both looking at each other before quickly averting their gazes.

Steve was kneeling, petting the blond Goat Steve and he tried to not think about how Bucky could possibly still be looking at him. Sure, Bucky wasn't the first boy to take notice of him. But Bucky was the first boy who took notice of Steve knowing that he was a boy.

He's just being nice, Steve tried to reason with himself. Steve had a tendency to jump to conclusions. And typically that led to him getting his heart broken.

"You kind of have the same hair," Tibby complimented Steve with a large grin that showed off her missing teeth.

"Yeah, Stevie," Natasha dropped the cigarette butt to the ground and stepped on it. Twisting her foot, she continued, "You're practically twins."

As though she was being quiet, Tibby stage whispered, "I think Nattie thinks you're cute."

"Yeah?" Steve smirked at Tibby before glancing up at Natasha who silently, playfully rolled her eyes. But Steve could see the small quirk of her plump, plum lips.

"I mean," Natasha started and companionably patted Steve's shoulder, "Stevie's the cutest boy that I've ever seen."

"That was before me, though, right?" Brock cockily teased.

Steve pressed his lips together to stop himself from laughing. After all, Steve knew that Natasha wasn't interested in any guys. Occasionally she'd joke about how a celebri-dude was her husband or something, but typically Natasha didn't date guys. Out of all the years that they had been friends, Natasha had only been on a date with a total of two boys, and each had been extremely awkward. Especially the double date that the pair went on before they had both come out.

"Nah dude," Natasha snorted, using her long nails to soothingly rake her hand through Steve's hair, fluffing up the floppy blond strands. Placing her hands on Steve's shoulders as Steve kneeled, still petting Goat Steve, Natasha declared, "Stevie's the only man in my life."

Smirking, Steve reached up and gave her slender hand a squeeze while keeping his gaze on the blond goat, who was seemingly fond of Steve. That was when Darlene's son, Sam, asked, "Wait, are you two dating?"

Steve couldn't help himself that time as he loudly laughed, nearly falling back on his ass. Thankfully, Natasha's grip was secure on his shoulders and she was able to keep him in place. Natasha was laughing too as she clarified, "No, we're practically siblings."

"So, that means I have a chance?" Brock teased. Steve looked up at him to find him playfully wiggling his eyebrows at Natasha.

Tilting his head up, Steve exchanged a glance with Natasha. To the right, Sam was petting the brown goat, Peggy, and Sam sighed, "Dude. Please stop hitting on my cousin."

"Oh, come on," Brock chuckled, "You know I'm just teasing."

Steve rolled his eyes and let Goat Steve lick his face. The only other non-family member, Clint, kneeled down and started petting Goat Steve's side. Clint loudly reassured Steve, "He seems to like you."

A little startled by the volume sheer volume, Steve's eyes widened. Which caused Clint's brows to furrow. Bucky kneeled in between Steve and Clint. Discreetly, Bucky gestured at his ear. Clint's brows briefly furrowed even more. Then, however, recognition crossed his face along with a blush and he reached up to adjust his hearing aids.

After clearing his throat, testing the volume, Clint apologized, "Sorry about that."

"It's okay," Steve reassured. As he went to pet Goat Steve again, his hand brushed against Bucky's. Both jerked their hands away and Steve was glad to see that he wasn't the only one blushing.

"Sometimes," Clint teased, "I turn the volume down when I see Brock talking."

"Hey," Brock complained.

But Steve didn't pay him no mind. All Steve could do was nervously chuckle while stealing glances of Bucky. Finding that Bucky was doing practically the same as Steve.

Clearing his throat, Bucky echoed Clint's earlier statement, "He likes you."

"I like him, too," Steve stated, momentarily embarrassed by the way his voice cracked. Peeking a glance at Bucky, Steve was relieved to not find any mocking in the soft grin that Bucky had on his face.

Shit, Steve thought, immediately dropping his gaze. I'm supposed to be here for Natasha.