Twenty-Two

Bucky opened the pantry and revealed that there were two shelves packed with different cereals. Steve's eyes go wide as he looked over each box, trying to figure out which kind he'd like to eat. Steve chewed on his lower lip while his eyes scanned over the many boxes in front of him.

"It's a bit much, if you ask me," Bucky scoffed, bashfully rubbing the back of his neck.

From behind them, the coffee maker let out a tiny beep, letting Bucky know that it was properly warmed up. Bucky turned to get the grounds ready to start brewing, while Steve stood there debating. After a moment longer, Steve decided on Cinnamon Toast Crunch and closed the pantry.

Setting the box on the countertop, Steve reached up to open the cupboard where the bowls were. Unfortunately. It appeared that the only bowls left were on the shelves that Steve couldn't reach. For a moment, Steve debated whether he should climb onto the counter like he would at his house or Natasha's. Or perhaps grab a chair from the table.

"Here," Bucky offered, making his way back over to Steve. Steve moved to the side, out of Bucky's way and watched as Bucky effortlessly grabbed the first bowl he saw, a mint green ceramic bowl with tiny pink flowers painted around the exterior.

Blushing, Steve took the bowl from Bucky and gazed down at the gold interior. Softly, Steve said, "Thanks."

"No problem," Bucky stated. As Steve kept staring at the bowl, Bucky rushed, "I can get you another bowl."

Steve turned his gaze to Bucky and Steve's brows furrowed, "Why?"

Quickly, Bucky's broad shoulders shrugged and he rambled, "I mean, if you want. It's a little... feminine. I can get you a different one, if you want."

Pressing his lips together to fight the smile that wanted to break across his face at Bucky's consideration, Steve looked down at the bowl in his hands. Clearing his throat, Steve reassured, "No, it's okay. Thanks."

"No problem," Bucky repeated. Steve looked up at him just in time to see an expression of regret cross Bucky's face as he quickly crossed the room once again. Once at the coffee maker, Bucky asked, "Would you like some?"

Pouring the cereal into the bowl, Steve turned to look behind him to Bucky. Who was holding up the pot of freshly brewed coffee in an offering. With a smile, Steve nodded his confirmation, "Yes, please."

The smile on Bucky's face grew as he turned back around to pour some coffee for Steve too. Smiling to himself, Steve turned back around to pour milk into his bowl.

Over his broad shoulder, Bucky asked, "Any cream or sugar?"

"Do you have brown sugar?" Steve questioned as he crossed the room to put the milk back in the fridge, but paused when Bucky gestured for it.

"Yes, sir," Bucky informed as he took the milk from Steve and poured some into his own mug. Handing it back to Steve, Steve gladly returned it to the fridge. Reaching in front of him, Bucky grabbed a decorative tin in front of him and asked Steve, "How much?"

"Three spoonfuls please," Steve answered, returning to his bowl of cereal and taking a bite.

Overhead above the entry way, there was a clock that read 4:50. Bucky glanced up at it as he stirred Steve's coffee before passing it over to him. Grabbing his own mug and bowl of cereal, Bucky started heading towards the living room while Steve returned to the table.

"Aren't you -- I mean," Bucky started and paused, turning his gaze downcast as he asked Steve, "Would you like to join me?"

The tips of Bucky's ears were bright red and Steve averted his gaze because Bucky was just too cute. Chewing on his own lower lip, Steve agreed, "Sure --" I'd love to "-- it sounds like fun."

Bucky's gaze moved from the floor and his gray-blue eyes locked with Steve's own sky-blue eyes. Almost shocked that Steve agreed, Bucky just blinked at Steve. Steve pressed his lips together and entered the living room. Bucky took a step back and allowed Steve to move around him and set his mug on the odd shaped yellow coffee table before taking a seat on the lime-green sofa.

Not long after, Bucky joined Steve on the sofa. Setting his mug on the coffee table next to Steve's, Bucky grabbed the remote, and relaxed into the cushion beside Steve's. However, Bucky must have realized how close he was to Steve because he moved over, just a little. Disguising it as just normal shifting, Bucky propped his feet on the coffee table, making sure that Steve had enough space and that his feet wouldn't accidentally knock over either's coffees.