8.

Are you okay???

After our date my mother made me come back home where her and father chewed me out about Laura and how I needed to find an alpha male to make me whole.

I stayed for a week, missing several classes. Once I got back to campus I immediately went to talk to my teacher and counselor to see if I could  get some of my absences cleared but unfortunately I couldn't clear most of them. I was only able to get 3 of the days I missed were excused but the other 4 counted against me.

Sadly one of my classes has the attendance counts as part of the grade so I have one more absence before I fail the class. But the class is only 4 more weeks. My other 3 classes are more lenient about attendance but from now on I have to be carful none the less.

While I was at my house my father deleted Laura's numbered and set up parental controls on my phone so they get notified when ever I get a text or call.

I would leave but I don't have the guts to. I love my parents but they're being awful right now. I also don't have a job so if I did leave I would have no way to support myself and none of my friends would be able to take me in. So for now I'll do what they say but one day I'll do it.  I'll finally get out.

Because of the parental controls I haven't tried to contact Laura but my roommate, who was very worried when I returned a week later after not telling her anything, said that Laura had asked about me but Genn didn't know anything.

After my class today I was going to go to the florist shop so I could talk with my mate but I'm not sure if my father asked one of the other pack family in our town to watch me. I know there's at least one more family since I scented other wolf at orientation.

But I couldn't wait. I had to see her. The pain in my stomach, which had left when I started hanging out with Laura, was back and this time with a vengeance.

I packed my things and started heading towards the florist shop. Nothing would stop me. Once I got to the florist shop I headed straight for the cashier register and prayed she worked today.

"Nancy?" I heard my mates voice.

"Laura!" I said, walking towards her voice.

I was finally able to see her, once I rounded the corner of the employee only section. She was pinned to the wolf by a beta male and my mind went blank.

"Nancy, this isn't what it looks like." Laura tried to explain.

I fell to my knees, my mind still a ominous black pit. I could feel my right scapula start to rumble and shift out place until all of a sudden it popped out of place. Then my left also roped itself out of place. My face then started to pull and twist. At that point, I couldn't tell who was screaming but I think it may have been me. My shins and forearm snapped in half with a sickening crack and I could hear the painful scream become lower until it was almost a growl. My hands and feet were next, in which my fingers and toes were pulled and shrank until they were in the correct position to  be considered paws. Part of both of my femur fell away and started to move towards my back and then to my tail bone where it stretched the skin until the bone ruptured.

I could feel the tears streaming down my skewed face but I couldn't do anything about it. I could feel the muscles and flesh start to grow around my new formed tail. Once the flesh was completely covering my new appendage I felt a push right under my skin and fur started to sprout out all over my body.

Once it was done I stood up on all fours, and started to look for my mate and the man who was touching her. They must have ran away during my shift because once I was able to see clearly they were gone.

"Nancy." Laura yelled stepping forwards me from around a corner. "You need to calm down and let me explain."

There had been a rumbling in my chest since I regained consciousness but once she got close enough to me touch me, it stopped.

Laura fell in front of me as she wrapped me in a strong embrace. She only reached the middle of my chest in this form, but I reached as far down as I could to nuzzle her so she knew that I wasn't angry at her.

Laura moves back after a minute and cupped my face. "Nancy I need you to calm down. If you don't my boss is going to call animal control and it won't be good. Now come on." She said getting up and walking towards the back exit

My tail had been straight up until that point and it finally fell. I started to think my plan out and it wasn't much. I could chase down and kill that beta but if I did I would probably be killed by police officers.

I decided to listen to Laura and go with her. I followed her out of the exit where Laura looked around be fore unlocking her car. She opened the door and I got in, then she ran around the car and started it.

We drove for about an hour until we got into an urban area with several high rises and smaller apartments. She pulled in to a parking garage. She turned off the car and turned around to look at me.

"Hey if my apartment complex employees sees you like this I'm going to like get kicked out. I'm going to run to the pet store." She said about to get out.

Laura then left for 30 minutes. When she came back she had a leash and collar big enough for me. I looked at disgusted but gotta do what you gotta do.  She put the collar around my neck and connected the leash and we walked out together.

We had to go through the front where they stopped us and asked: "ma'am is ... is that a wolf?"

"No ..... this is .... a Russian malamute .... crossed with a Siberian husky." Laura said through her teeth.

"Woof" I tried to say as but air was really grumbly.

"Okay? Are you going to pay the pet deposit today or?" The front desk person asked.

"Uhm, oh I'm just pet sitting for today." Laura said.

"Okay, well next time please try to warn us." The front guy said.

We then went up to her apartment where she promptly closed the door and took the collar and leash.

"Alright so are you able to turn back?" Laura asked. I huffed and rumbled out a no.

"Okay, is there anything we can do about this." She asked.

I shook my head and let out a sigh.

"Look I'm sorry this happened. That guy came in and asked to see our stock but then when we got back there he pinned me to a wall ..." she started to wimpier and then started to actually cry.

I got up and crawled into her lap and licked her cheek until she stopped crying.

"Thanks." She said grabbing and holding me tight.

A/N
Oof sorry I didn't update yesterday but here's one that's twice as long.