11.

Communication

Laura I got up and started the day once we were done making out. She made breakfast and I took a shower and got dressed. I found one of her large night shirts and a pair of spare shorts in her dresser and then walked into the dining/living room.

Laura was leaning over the counter looking on her phone while waiting for the oven to heat up.

I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist making her squeal. She then turned around to hug me, giggling the entire time.

"How was your shower?" she said pecking my lips.

"It would have been better if you were there." I said nuzzling into her neck. She laughed and I squeezed her tighter. The oven pinged and I let go of her to get back to what she was doing.

"So should we talk about yesterday?" Laura asked.

"Which part?" I asked concerned.

"Uhm about you turning into a wolf and what not." She said.

"Oh uhm, it was my 18th birthday so my next shift will be on my 24th." I said.

"So you can't just turn whenever you want?" Laura asked confused.

"No, I can't. I can only shift every 6 years until I'm 24 and even then I can't change back for 24 hours. However, after my 24th birthday I'll be able to shift whenever I want." I said. "What about you? Is it true that vampires actually drink blood?"

"We do, but we have normally drink synthetic blood because once we drink actual blood from some one or something we have to continue to drink from that thing until it dies." She paused and then laughed "My uncle was actually really blood thirsty one night and he caught a raccoon one evening and he thought he killed it and he left it there. It wound up surviving and the next week when he tried to drink synthetic blood he got really sick and didn't know why."

"So what happened?" I asked.

"He had to track it down and kill it and it was a whole ordeal. My dad was so mad at him and so were my grandparents." She said.

"I guess, speaking about my parents. What are we going to do?" I asked

"Im not sure." She said taking out the cinnamon rolls she had been making. "What exactly did your parents say?"

They said that it's unnatural for us to be together and my grandma said that my father wanted me to Mary some alpha male to create more pure blood alpha babies." I said in disgust.

"I'll talk to my parents." Laura said almost in a whisper. I walked over to her and rubbed her shoulders.

"It'll be okay." I said hugging her and then grabbing her hand and lead her to the table. She sat down and I went back to the kitchen where I grabbed to plates and made two plates.

"We'll figure it out as we go." I said putting the plate in front of her.

"I know, I'm just concerned." Laura said  starting to eat.