iv. another apology

A/N: if Thor: Love and Thunder doesn't have Loki in it,, we're suing Marvel. I don't make the rules

Word count: 1.3K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑰𝑽 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

✧.*༄ WE'RE FALLING APART,
STILL WE HOLD TOGETHER

Thor hadn't yet figured out your "corner store" excuse, which was one of the only things you could use to get outside. The first few times you really had gone to the store, but then it became only a phrase. You could use it for about a year before it was figured out; Thor was always more on the gullible side when it came to your father's illusions or your own. It was merely bad timing.

You were just returning home from a walk along the beach that you had taken to rejuvenate yourself. As you gingerly opened the door, you were met with the face of your uncle. "Dear (Y/N)? And where have you been?"

"...The corner store."

"That's strange. You were there just yesterday if I do recall."

"Uncle Thor, how reliable do you really think your drunken memory is?"

"It's not as bad as you deem it to be."

"I really think it might be," you countered. "Your condition in its entirety is rather concerning. I'm just worried."

"Let's not forget the subject, though— we were talking about you." He motioned his beer glass towards you to emphasize, making you roll your eyes. "Now, why would you feel the need to go to the corner store almost every day?"

"Well, I—"

"You use it as an excuse to get out of my sight. Hmm? How about that?"

"I need the items for my new spells. This Midgardian, Wiccan magick requires certain materials, so—"

"And you think I'm not aware of your other magic? You could create anything you wanted."

"Alright, so maybe you're correct. But I don't need your constant supervision, Uncle Thor," you groaned, nudging past him to head to your room. He grabbed your shoulder before you could leave. "You're the one I should be looking after, in all honesty."

"I do it for a reason. I do this because you're the only person I have left," he whispered. "I can't lose you, too."

Obviously, you felt great sympathy, but his reasoning and his habits and his watchfulness were all piled up onto you, so you had to speak of it. You tried to keep a thoughtful tone, but anger could be hard to conceal. "And that makes you the only one I have left, as well. It's not dangerous outside, in case you hadn't gathered it. The Asgardians' days of bloodshed and glory are over. Right now, this—" you grabbed the bottle of beer— "is doing more damage than me stepping out of the house every once in a while."

"Dear (Y/N), I say this with great respect, but who are you to comment on my lifestyle?" Thor asked, taking back his poison.

"I am the highly intelligent child of your brother. What exactly were you planning on doing just now, anyway? Surely not going for a harmless walk like I was. You were planning on retrieving some more beer, which is not a lifestyle but an addiction."