viii. arrival

A/N: so sorry that this chapter is up late! I had a busy week before school started and had just gotten home from a crazy weekend in Philadelphia. Keystone was so much fun! If you want to see a few pics, feel free to check out my spam book!

Word count: 1.3K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

✧.*༄ SO MOVE TO A
PLACE SO FAR AWAY

First, there was a realization. A sudden moment when you regained your thoughts. When everything came rushing back, and you were able to deduce why you were there.

Next, there was silence. You opened your eyes and yet again found the orange sky. Beneath you wasn't water but grass, some kind of dull duplicate of plant life. You stood up, looking around, and found the emptiness almost exactly the same. Your Quantum Suit was back in place, only it was unhelmeted. You knew you had arrived.

Then, there was chaos.

Souls flooded into the realm. One by one —but at an alarming rate— people faded out of existence in the real world and into it here. All of the ones in sight were alien, of diverse races you'd never seen before, of races from across the universe. Every person expressed the same panic.

The empty space quickly became scarce, leaving you to be shoved around within the bustling mass of people. A multitude of foreign words invaded your ears as they were being sputtered in confusion. You flipped your helmet up again, wanting any kind of protection, only to be startled by a robotic greeting.

Hello, (Y/N), a voice rang out. Your eyebrows furrowed as a bunch of holographic diagrams began appearing within your helmet. A compass, an energy tracker for your magic, a run-through of the dusted ones' profiles. Due to the change in atmosphere, it seems we've arrived in the Soul Realm. In case you were unaware, I am L.O.K.I.S.O.N., your personalized artificial intelligence system.

"Okay— you can tell me more once I'm able to properly think," you replied. You yelped as you were yet again shoved.

Of course. Your AI activated a jetpack for you, allowing you to rise into the air and escape the crowd.

You also cast a presence concealment spell, not wanting to draw attention to yourself as you took a moment to steady your flight pattern. "Stark never informed me of the thrusters."

Walking for miles through the infinite realm didn't seem appealing for either of you. Your suit is the most advanced of the team; your conditions would present you with the most challenges. He devised my navigation program and the acronym L.O.K.I.S.O.N. along with your other tools. It stands for "looking over kindred individuals' souls of notability."

"In other words, you'll help guide me to whoever I need to meet while I'm here?"

Correct. Of the files that were uploaded by Tony, the most recent one was of a boy of the name Peter Parker, you were informed. The image that was pulled up with the name was the same as the missing persons one from five years ago. But it is my understanding that you have past connections to Stephen Strange, is that so?

"The sorcerer," you mumbled to yourself. "Yes, that would be perfect. Coordinating with him would most likely be the best plan."