~ 3 ~

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Mariana had become friends with George. He talked to her, he came out of his room. It was major progress for him and people noticed it.

sometimes she sat on the floor beside his bed and held his hand during nightmares. As an Angel she could soak up all the negativity from him and she did her best to do that.,

She was never really introduced to his family, not officially. She usually hid in her room when they came and George was always too overwhelmed to talk to them.

When Ginny came, he would try and stay strong for her even though he didn't need to. Ron always came to accompany his brother to the burrow for dinners. Charlie and Bill were back to their old jobs. Percy came to cheer him up once in a while but he was out of luck. Molly and Arthur tried to tell him to move into the Burrow but he would refuse saying that he didn't want to be a burden.

Angelina came by a few times a week, she met and loved Mariana. She gave Angelina a sense of comfort that George had someone with him just in case something were to happen. She was the sweetest person Mariana had ever met and was always kind to her.

Angelina was George's girlfriend. She came by more than anyone else and she always made sure to cheer George up. Sometimes they just sat in silence together, understanding each other's grief.

It made Mariana slightly mad at how oblivious they were. They didn't love each other, they loved someone in common and understood each other.
The problem was, she couldn't say it to George. She couldn't tell him that it wasn't love. What did she know about love? About humans? Barely anything. She had emotions but they were never as complicated at humans made them. It was just happy and upset. She couldn't cry, she couldn't feel guilt or loss. She did understand anger but that came under the category of 'upset', so did sadness.

Regardless of doing her best, Mariana couldn't make George Weasley smile. He didn't even twitch a grin. He was genuinely sad and nothing made him happy.

Not until one particular evening when Ron, his younger brother, apparated into the empty joke shop announcing that he was getting married to Hermione Granger.

For the first time in weeks, Mariana saw a hint of a smile on his face.
George had  hugged his brother as he told him how happy he was for both of them. "Both of us" He had mumbled but Ron didn't quite hear it.

The girl felt relief when she saw the twinkle in his eyes return for a few moments. She felt happy. Everything was going in the right direction. It was slow but it was still progress. Inara was completely wrong about her and Mariana (Lacuna) was ready to point fingers at the woman.

After the news, George seemed in a better mood than he was when she met him. His hair was still messy. The bags under his eyes hadn't faded away but there was some amount happiness her held for his brother and Mariana could see right through it all.

"Just so we're on the same page, you're going to the wedding with me." George told Mariana as he sat down at the table with his cup of coffee.

"same page? we're not even in the same library!" Mariana exclaimed. "I have no intentions in getting involved with your family. Plus don't you already have a 'plus one'? Angelina? The love of your life" Mariana said dramatically.

"Yes, but Angelina is invited anyways...you have to come." George tried to convince her. He was inviting her partially because she had become his friend and partially because he needed her. She supported him, emotionally. It was strange magic around her, he felt more vulnerable and he trusted her rather quickly.