~ 8 ~

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Mariana walked down into the shop when she heard a loud. Panic spread through her, thinking it was Death. "George!" She shouted.
"Down here!" She heard a muffled voice to see him under a pile of his own products and a very light shelf.
"What happened!?" She asked.
"I would tell you if I wasn't under this pile."
"I wouldn't ask you if you weren't under that pile" she folded her arms at her chest.

George made his way out of the pile pretending to be emotionally hurt as she rolled her eyes.
"I definitely broke a bone" he said massaging his shoulder with his other arm.
"Quit being such a drama queen" Mariana sniggered.
"Well I think we need to get heavier shelves." George said ignoring her comment. "You do know you could just bolt them to the ground using your magical skills, right?"
"Of course I knew that" George scoffed. He definitely did not think of that.
"And you didn't do it earlier because?"
"I didn't have time! I'm a busy man!"
"Nope, you just never thought of it" Mariana smirked.

The shop has closed. Mariana was standing on the upper floor near one of the shelves when Angelina came in asking George if he had told her something. To which George had refused.

Mariana was too curious to care about overhearing their conversation. She quietly opened her wings, flew to the top of the shelves and sat down.

"I just wanted to say that I will not be coming to Christmas" Angelina, though a little worn out, maintained her poise.
"You know you still can right?" George slipped his hands into his pockets and rocked back and forth.
"Yes I do, but I just won't be comfortable" One could see Angelina now starting to loosen her posture a little bit.
"Angelina, I still don't understand why you think that I don't love you...I do!!"
"I'm sorry George, then I must have fallen out of it" she said annoyed not able to understand why George couldn't see it.
"But- I- know I haven't been there for you-"
"No! No you have been there for me and it's been hard...but I guess- I don't know- I can't expect you to be someone you're not"
"What do you mean?" George asked and Lacuna's breath hitched as she heard Angelina's voice echoing in her mind, and though she never said it out loud, George knew exactly what she meant. He wasn't Fred.

George honestly didn't know if he was angry with her or just sad. Was he nothing without Fred? And even though he would do anything to bring his twin back and be 'Fred and George', it really troubled him that he was just George without his twin. Nothing, no one. They were either both or none.

"Look George, that's not what I meant! Believe me! I swear! You both were very different people to me- but us together doesn't seem to be working" she placed a box full of George's things on the floor.
"I guess you won't come to christmas then" George told her flatly and Angelina hesitantly apparated out.

Lacuna didn't know what to do or say at that moment. She just sat on top of the low shelf and looked at George as he collected himself.

"You can come down now" George said turning around and looking at her.
"How'd you know I was here?" She asked him, titling her head to the side and peering down at him. He was pretty tall, so he didn't feel like he was too far away from her.
"I assumed you would be eavesdropping, why are you up there anyways? How'd you get there?"
"Why would you assume I'm eavesdropping?" Mariana asked, 'offended'.
"Come down! You might fall off!" George rolled his eyes.
"How rude are you? Is that how low you think of me!?" They were both ignoring what the other was saying.
"I swear I will have to use my wand!"
"I'm hurt Weasley!"
"I'll call the aurors!" George threatened.
"I'll fight them!" She punched the air before her.
"I may be a prankster but I'm not joking!"
"I'm strong enough to fight them!" She took a defensive pose.

George looked around and thought for a while. Suddenly his eyes lit up. "I was going to get some cookies from the burrow,The ones that mum makes! The ones with frosting and I won't get any back for you, I'll just go there, eat and come back" George said slowly turning around on his heels.
"George!" He turned back around. Those cookies never fail. "Catch!" And with that she jumped down the not so tall shelves. George's wand fell in shock and he ran toward her and she landed perfectly in his arm.
He used to be beater, arm strength was his thing, she was lucky.
"You do not just jump off of stuff!" He scolded, his heart racing.
"But I trust you so much that I almost died for you!" She just shrugged.
"I don't trust me as much as you trust me! Please never do that again! What if you got hurt?"
"I know you wouldn't let me get hurt. Are you worried about me?" Mariana asked teasingly. Her arms still around George's neck and George still holding her.

There was a comfortable silence between the two, just looking at each other.
"Umm..let's go" George said breaking the contact eye contact and gently putting her down.
"Where?" She asked curiously letting out an awkward cough. George just grabbed her hand and apparated right in front of the burrow.

Molly ran out of the door to see George. She obviously knew where he was, the Weasley clock still kept track of all the Weasley children.

"Georgie!" She squealed happily like a little girl as he was pulled into a tight hug. George let out a squeak.
"I see you every week mum" he said as he tried to breathe. "And you brought Mariana!" She left her son and hugged the short girl behind him. "Are you here for dinner?"
"We wouldn't mind it!" Mariana said. Molly lead them into the warmth of the house. Arthur was sitting next to Harry and Ron who had joined them. Ginny was sitting across from them clearly bored of the conversation.
"George! Oh thank god you are here, I have been so bored!"

After the conversations settled and dinner was over, Lacuna took the chance to find out some things about the invisibility cloak.
"Do you live here Harry?" She asked him.
"Well for now, until I repair my parents house in godrics hallow and put it together" he said . This is when Mariana knew that the cloak was here. She talked to him a bit more, trying to go through his mind but she was interrupted quickly. George walked towards her. "I want to show you something" he said

"Is this-" Mariana asked walking into a room with two beds, it was messy but homey.
"Yes, this was mine and Fred's room" Mariana looked at the quidditch posters as she ran her fingers over them.
She looked at one of the desks, it was old and weak but it was still standing. There were so many things on the desk she recognized as parts of the products they made.
The wall above the desk had parchments of papers with drawings on them.

The room hadn't been opened in months and it smelled like gunpowder, just like George. It was beautiful, she looked around to see a jumper on the bed with a large "F" on it. It was Fred's, she knew she could get Fred to George and she knew what she had to do. She was determined to make his life better, she was his guardian and that's what guardians do.

George was watching her her with fascination in his eyes. Mariana came out of her daze to look at George. He looked happy. He would be so happy when he sees Fred, he would be complete.As much as she didn't want to leave, she wanted him to be happy.

The eye contact broke between them when they heard Ginny yell George's name.
"I will be back" he said quickly walking away from her.
This was her chance. Mariana hastily looked through the rooms near her to find a slightly messy one. She knew Harry was staying there because his photo album was in the room.
She opened drawers and cupboards trying to find the cloak.Magic! I can find it through magic!!
Accio Invisibility cloak

Being an angel, Mariana could summon a lot of things wizards couldn't under some circumstances.
She waited a few seconds and the cloak shot right into her had. Suddenly the door opened.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾