~ 5 ~

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Christmas spirit was in the air and Mariana was embracing each and every bit of it. She loved the cool winds, the warm clothes, the thick blankets and maybe even just sitting in front of the fire sharking a small blanket with George right next to her, their shoulders touching as they talked about too many things. She liked having someone to talk to without getting criticized or someone who genuinely heard her, it brought out a side of her she didn't know she had. 

 Ginny had suggested they played secret Santa to which the Weasley clan had agreed.  Mariana couldn't think of any gift for Ron, she barely knew him. 

"So, Who'd you get for Secret Santa?" George asked her and she eyes him suspiciously. 
"I don't think I can tell you"
"Ofcourse you can!" That was lie but George was curious.
"Really? I've never played this game before...tell me the rules again." Mariana was gullible, way too gullible when it came to human things.
"I'm no follower of rules. Go on Tell me!" George told her and she sighed. 
"I will if you tell me" She negotiated and he nodded.
"Ron...what about you?"
"Sorry...I can't tell you! Its against the rules!" He started walking back into his room.
"I thought you don't follow the rules!!' Mariana called out behind him, "George Weasley! Come back here!"
George stopped in his tracked and turned around,"Bloody hell! you sound just like my mother!"  he turned back again and  walked into the room closing the door behind him.

Mariana woke up pale , her body sweaty and chills running down her spine. Her past had started to haunt her. Her mother's screams of help and her father's words were like fire to her body, burning her up in guilt and sadness.

Angles didn't remember anything about their time on earth and so everything was a shock to Mariana. She had died at the young age of 20 and thus never aged after.

Taking in a few deep breaths she walked out of her room only to hear a loud crash.
"George!?" Mariana dashed to the kitchen to see a few broken plates on the floor. George starched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly.
"Did you hurt yourself?" she asked first. 
"Umm..no.."
"Okay good...now clean this up!"
George took out his wand and repaired the broken plates.
"How did you manage to do this?" Mariana asked shaking her head.
"I was in a hurry...the shop opens today in like thirty minutes and I just woke up." His excitement was beyond measure. 

Mariana smiles at him thinking about how he had become on of her best friends. She was so happy for him. Mariana never had a friend up in heaven and it was very lonely. She loved earth and the people in it. She wished she could stay forever.
Then it hit her, once George becomes completely happy and lives his life to the fullest, she would have to go. And it was going to happen soon. His whole aim in his life was to open a successful joke shop. 

"Umm...Mariana?" George waved his hand in front of her eyes to snap her out of her daze.
"I'll be moving out soon..." Mariana said out of the blue.
"What? Why?!?" George was very confused. He couldn't possibly see this apartment without her again. 
"I have to go back...plus I can't be a burden on you, my parents funeral also happened like a month back..." She was a bad liar but he might've bought it. 
"Oh...when will you go back?" George asked.
"I'm not sure yet...but soon..." 
George shook his head. He didn't want to loose her, she was his best friend. How would he live alone again? He needed her more than anyone. Maybe he had depended on her too much. All good things come to an end right?

Before he had the chance to fully process everything , a loud crack was heard near the door. His eyes flickered in that direction only to see Angelina standing there. She had a wide smile as she walked up to George and pecked him on the lips.

George and Angelina has been dating for a while now, she didn't know why but she felt like a part of Fred was in him. It wasn't that she didn't love George, it was just that she hadn't even had another option. But even though she had this thought cross her mind once in a few days, she still knew no one could make her happier than Weasley.

Mariana pretended to throw up as the two kissed and hugged and mildly Flirted with each other. She had to admit, Angelina Johnson was stunning and Mariana was little jealous of her beautiful hair and perfect legs but it never bothered her as much as it would bother other girls.
George rolled his eyes at Mariana as Angelina greeted her with a hug.

"So, What are you doing tonight?" Angelina asked George after they settled a bit.
"Umm...just going to close up the joke shop and have dinner like always..." George replied shrugging his shoulders. George and Mariana spent a lot of time together but out of everything, they made sure they always had dinner together and talk about their day.

"Let's go out. It's been a while Georgie and we can go to a fancy dinner and everything..." Angelina said, her words full of excitement. She turned to Mariana, "You should come to!"
Mariana shook her head. "I don't want to ruin your date, you should go..."
Angelina nodded but George seemed hesitant leaving her home alone. He looked at the girl several times for reassurance and she gave it to him. 

Though Angelina saw right through him, she looked at George with hopeful eyes.
"Okay, It's a date. Will you be okay though,Marina?" He asked once again.
"I'll be perfect! I was waiting for this day where you leave me alone and stop pestering me" The truth was, she had never been all alone in the apartment ever. She wasn't sure what she would do but he needed this. 
"I have never pestered you!" George defended.
"Anything you do bothers me!"

George opened the doors to the joke shop as the chilly breeze came in.
"I can't believe I'm doing this without you, will I be okay Freddie?" George murmured to himself.
"Don't worry, I'm here if you need anything at all..." Mariana said as she stood behind him.
George looked up and gave her a warm smile.
"Are you ready to see the real me?" George asked her.
"Can't wait!"

The joke shop was full of people. It was as though they were all waiting for it to open. The twins were a legacy at Hogwarts along with the Mauraders. Some children even asked George for his autograph, after all, he was the red headed seventh year who bashed Umbridge in the face. 

The fireworks swooshing through the air and the loud music playing in the background. George was standing behind the counter checking products out. He couldn't find Mariana anywhere. The crowd was massive and anyone could easily get lost in the shop. George notice a long line of people with dozens of products in their arms.

"Thank you for shopping at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Here's your change, One sickle and Ten Knuts." George smiled as the little boy left with his mother full of excitement. The boy kind of reminded him of his twin and him walking out of Zonkos when they discovered it on their first trip to Hogsmeade,

The next person was a short woman holding a pile of products in her hands. She seemed to have taken almost every product available in the Joke shop. George couldn't exactly see who it was. She walked over and plopped the products on the counter.
"I want them all!" she spoke excitedly. George let out a laugh as he realized who the woman was. "Mariana!" He chuckled.

"George!" Mariana mimicked.

"You don't need to buy them!"

"So you're telling me I went through all this trouble for nothing!? Just let me buy them! I haven't seen anything like this!ever! and that is a long time!"George rolled his eyes at her. He knew very well that she was extremely stubborn. He flicked his wand to calculate the price.

"That will be 189 galleons and 89 sickles." He said with a sigh. Obviously he was lying. Mariana made a face as she exclaimed that he was extremely pricey and left.  
"I can't believe you wouldn't give me employees discount!" She complained. 

"First of all, you can take all of this for free! and second, you're not an employee here!"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾