~ 9 ~

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"What are you doing!?"
"Oh nothing, this fell down and I was just putting it up in its place" The nervous strain in her voice could be felt by anyone . George raised his brow at her. "What is going on?" He crossed his arms at his chest.

"Nothing," She said but George's eyes were piercing right through her and she couldn't hold it in. She couldn't lie to him, "I need to take this...and you won't believe me if I told you why" she confessed. George was her best friend. She didn't want to lie to him.

"It's not right! You can just ask Harry and I'm pretty sure he will let you borrow it" George was trying really hard to be as nice as possible.

"I can't!" Mariana told him.

"You can't take what's not yours!"George was getting angry. When it came to his family, George Weasley was ready to stand up to anyone.

"This was mine," Mariana told him, "I'm related to Harry and I've come to take back what's mine" she explained, desperate for George to believe and trust her.

"You know what? Let's go down for dinner and we will discuss this when we get home, I don't want to ruin this for my family, they mean too much to me" George was angry and this was the first time she had truly seen him so disappointed. He wasn't happy with her and she knew that. She had to get Fred back.

George watched her as she left the cloak back in its place and they went down. He didn't know what to think, he really wanted to trust her but it wasn't possible. She was not Harry's family, he didn't have any left except Teddy and the Weasleys.

After a tense dinner, George and Mariana came home. Before she got a chance to explain herself, George was ready to confront her. "Okay, explain" he crossed his arms over his chest.
"You won't understand" she said in a low voice andshook her head.
"Try me" George let out a frustrated sigh. He was so confused and wanted to be in absolute denial.
"Look I'm really tired, we'll pick this up tomorrow" Mariana was trying to avoid the conversation. She didn't know what to explain to him, she knew she had messed up big time. The girl turned around on her heels and walked into her room, closing the door behind her.

George wanted to trust her but couldn't. After debatin with himself if he should say something more or not,for a while, he went up the staircase to check up on her. Her door was closed and he couldn't hear a thing. George quietly opened the door to see her laid down on her bed.

He looked at her, she lay there with her eyes shut tight, her soft breathing could be heard in the quiet to the room.
George felt a song of guilt hit him. He trusted her right? He really did. Maybe he should've listened to her reasoning, maybe he should've given her her space.

It was around midnight when George heard sounds. Two people were talking . Getting off his bed, he grabbed his wand and walked out of the room. He stopped for a second and then followed the voices. Who could be in her room? He quietly opened the door, yet again. enough to see two figures.

"Death came to meet you!?" A woman stood in front of Mariana. She seemed almost like a ghost, George couldn't really tell.
"Yes but I handled it!" Mariana answered with a sigh.
"What did he say?" The woman asked in worry.
"He told me about my past"

Inara's eyes went wide. angels weren't supposed to know much about their past. "Show me your wings!" She said hastily.

George tried not to make a sound, he didn't want anyone to know that he was eavesdropping. He didn't mean to but he wanted to make sure everything was alright.

Lacuna hesitated but Inara knew she had messed up and she would do anything to get the truth out of her. She took a  deep breath and let her wings emerged from her back.
They were magnificent but they were starting to become black from the ends. Lacuna felt her energy draining out of her as the darkness creeped in her wings.

"What have you done, Lacuna!?" Inara didn't seem as mad as she was worried, "This is so bad! They will soon fall off!!"
"I-"
"I can't save you!"
"It's alright-I did what I had to, I'll deal with the consequences"

George gasped from behind the door. He had no idea what was going on. No dots connected and no puzzle pieces were fitting.

"What else did he say?" Inara asked.
Lacuna hesitated,"Nothing" she said.
Inara was not convinced, she knew Lacuna was lying, "I want you to come back home" she folded her arms over her chest.
"I-I can't , my task isn't complete" Panic spread through Lacuna, she had to get the cloak, she had to get Fred back. "just give me a few more days. Please"
"I can't take any chances! You've done enough" Inara said through gritted teeth.
"Please! I swear...I'll be fine" Lacuna was practically begging Inara.
"I care for you too much to leave you here"
"And I care for him too much to just leave"

George wanted to go up to her and talk to her. But he had to leave her alone, he couldn't eavesdrop anymore. But going back to his room didn't help much. He couldn't sleep, she had wings!? She wasn't someone he thought she was? He was beyond confused.

Sleep never came to George . His Mind was just wandering to the events of the night. He wasn't sure what to feel. He was angry at her because she lied but he understood her because she had to have had a reason.
He couldn't be too angry because she cared for him and he cared for her.

George thought of confronting her but he wasn't sure.
But then again, what she did was wrong. This wasn't about feelings,it was about right or wrong, and she was wrong. He had to take a stand, he had to ask her why she lied to him. It hurt him to even think about it but he wanted to do the right thing and this was it.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾