Prelude

It was finally Thursday, which meant that you could finally start traveling to your temporary room situated in a hotel near the ball you were to be attending.

Never in your life would you have thought you would be able to dress up in fancy Victorian clothing while attending a ball. This ball happened every year in the middle of Washington state, and it would be the first year you're attending. Saving up for it took forever, but you believed it was going to be worth it. The ball lasted the entire weekend, which meant that you had multiple outfits for this occasion. From a high-status noble to a lowly servant, you wanted to play a different character every day.

After grabbing your luggage and everything else you needed for your flight, you headed out to the airport and held in your excitement for what was to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking through the door of my hotel room, I looked around and set my suitcase, with all of my outfits in it, down on the Queen-sized bed in the middle of the room. After taking a quick shower, I start getting ready for the event.

First I put on my corset, which I don't mind wearing as long as it's not too tight. I know a lot of girls would never wear it, but I think it looks cool, also it helps to stay in character for what I'm going to tonight. After the corset is the petticoat to help make the dress poof to an adequate size. Finally, I'm able to put on the dress; I decided for the weekend I'll start as a high-class noble and make my way down the chain until I reach a noble's maid. My dress was pale pink, not my favorite color, but it was the perfect dress for the occasion.

While putting on light makeup, I decided to pack regular clothes for after the dance, just in case I want to change into something more comfortable

While putting on light makeup, I decided to pack regular clothes for after the dance, just in case I want to change into something more comfortable. I put it in my suitcase, which is only a dull, leather, large-sized briefcase.

Looking at the time, I realize it's 6:30, which means the ball starts in precisely thirty minutes.

'I don't want to be late! I better get going now, or else I might miss some of the fun!' Scrunching my face, I mentally scold myself for my stupidity. Grabbing my things, I run out of the hotel door, my suitcase in hand.

Walking through the city gained me a lot of curious glances from strangers passing me by as I walked down the street. The ball wasn't in the best part of town, which meant once I got closer, more aggressive-looking people started to pass me. I breathed a sigh of relief once I saw the building in sight. That was, of course, until I felt myself being grabbed in a nearby alleyway. Struggling with all my might didn't seem to help my situation. As soon as I was caught, I was then thrown against the ground forcefully. Winded and scared, I decided to look up at my attacker finally.

There stood a gruff-looking man, holding a gun that is currently aimed at my head. My eyes widen in surprise and shock; I knew he was here to cause trouble.

"Hand over all of your money, and I'll let you go. I don't want to kill you, but trust me, I won't hesitate," Grunting, he stared me straight in the eyes.

Fumbling, I managed to grab my wallet from a pocket in the dress and hand it to him, in hopes that he will let me go.

"Women are always so gullible hehe," his chuckles were dark and full of malice.

Before I had time to process what he said, he pulled the trigger, and the last thing I heard was a loud bang before darkness hit me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up to the sound of merchants, horses, and laughter, I looked around to find myself in an alleyway, my dress covered in blood. My first thought was 'What the actual fuck just happened.'