Chapter 2.

Jace's POV:

She looked so peaceful, finally. I'd had this plan for months. Watching her disappear into a shell of herself was killing me. Now though? Now I can bring her back. Now she can smile, she can be taken care of. Finally she can be my Addy, my little girl.

I knew it when I first saw her, that she was meant to be little. I knew within weeks of that that she was perfect for me. I watched and waited while life broke her though. I watched her fcall in love, was happy for her when she met the man of her dreams, even cried for her when he died. But now? Now I know she needs to stay with me.

It was this maddening thought that got me here. I spoke with her manager beforehand and let her know that Addy wouldn't return because she couldn't afford to be in the area so I was hiring her. A small lie, but it worked. Addy didn't know anything about it, of course. Next was staying casual while I watched for an opportunity. This part wasn't hard though, I'd waited for addy for four years. When I heard she had to leave her apartment though, that was it.

I couldn't visit her at work because I had too much to set up for her. Now I'm sitting here, watching, anxiously hoping she will be receptive to her new life. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way out of lacing her drink, I tried my best to make sure she felt safe while she was sleeping.

I tried not to jostle her too much while I changed her into a diaper. I tried not to wake her while I put her hands into little mittens that hopefully limit her ability to do things on her own, and I tried my hardest not to wake her while I laid her down in her new crib.

It'll be hours before she wakes up still, that's what they said. Next, I have to help her slip into a different headspace. I don't want her to freak out, I just want her to be happy. My sweet baby Addy deserves to be happy.

Addy's POV:

Peace. I felt so at peace, I couldn't understand why I wasn't freaking out as I opened my eyes. I didn't remember falling asleep, didn't remember getting home even. Realizing as much, I pushed myself up to sit and observe my surroundings.

There were bars, tall bars. The sheets had duckies printed on them and a fluffy yellow blanket was next to me. a cage? A crib. I'm in a crib. Even as I realized where I was, I wasn't panicked. I reached out to grab a bar of the crib, to get out of course, and I couldn't grab the bar at all. At this, I squealed. I started biting the things on my hands to get them off. No tears Adeline, focus I thought to myself even as tears started falling from my face.

I looked down in frustration and shame as tears coated my cheeks without permission. I noticed I was in a diaper. A FUCKING DIAPER. A new wave of panic and shame hit as I took in my stupid onesie and lack of bra. The tears were no longer silent and soon enough, I heard footsteps.

My mind could not comprehend what I was seeing. Jace. Jace my favorite regular? He must've been taken too. He's here to help. Jace! "Jace!!!! I squealed as he walked in. He was in sweats and a white v-neck. He had something in his hands that I didn't se very clearly.

"Hey baby, daddy's here". What. the. Hell. I decided to ignore his statement.

"Jace, we need to get out of here, I'm trapped in a fucking crib. Help me please." The tears were coming again. It felt like I hadn't cried in ages.

Suddenly the bars came down. Jace lifted me with ease but refused to set me down. Instead, he started shushing me, bouncing me on his hip. He was so warm and comfortable that I found myself relaxing easily. "It's okay baby, it's all going to be fine" He kept saying those words like a prayer.

Eventually, Jace set me on his lap in a rocking chair, my face firmly in his shoulder. After a while longer, he spoke. "Okay baby, I guess I have some explaining to do." No shit I thought as he kept talking. "I'm here to take care of you baby. I want your mind to be free again. I want you to be free from pain again. You can do that with me. No more fear of money or responsibilities, no fear of being 'too much', no people pleasing all the time. It' just you and daddy, okay? I know this is weird and I'll explain it more as we go, okay?" I couldn't understand him at all, he was like an alien creature sitting there, holding me. And then I felt it. He was pressing something to my mouth.

It tasted so good. I moaned without meaning to. "Im glad you like it baby." He chuckled as he kept his rocking rhythm. It wasn't long before the bottle was gone and my mind was just a little more relaxed. I wanted to stay this way. I curled further in to Jace, enjoying the comfort he provided. Maybe I can just take what he's offering for a little while I thought before I nodded off peacefully.