Chapter 4.

Addy's POV
I've lost the concept of time. For a moment there, I may have lost my mind altogether. I called jace daddy. I said the word and felt his whole body perk with happiness. Yes, I've lost it.
This is all I can think about now.
Jace put on tangled a little while ago and still hasn't taken the stupid mittens off of my hands so I was reliant on him for the sparkly sippy full of juice.
He was good at giving me juice whenever I wanted it though, so it wasn't all bad. I found I had to stay near him though if I wanted anything.
Jace sang along to the songs, played with my hair, and didn't so much as glance at me when he heard me giggle. He didn't make a big deal out of anything at all, actually.
It's hard to be embarrassed about things when the only other person is making something seem so normal. And this was, apparently, pretty normal for Jace.
Even as I followed this line of thought, I found myself getting nervous. Eventually, I'd need to shower. I could already feel myself getting gross. If I shower, would I be allowed to do it alone? Is he going to make me do it with him?
I didn't notice my face scrunch up in my concern though. I didn't even notice the volume go down on the movie. I hardly noticed Jace lift me to his lap.
"Hey sweet girl" he said, not with an ounce of pity in his voice "what's got ya thinking so hard? You didn't laugh at Pasquale waking up Flynn."
I hung my head a little. This guy can read me better than I realized. " I was thinking about showering and girl stuff, you know" I looked at his shirt like it held the secrets to the whole world. My only prayer was that I'd get to do this for myself.
Jace lifted my face to his "look at me when I'm speaking baby" he said firmly. "There are rules, sweet girl, and that is one of them." He kissed my forehead and it actually sort of calmed me.
"Okay." I decided dropping the Jace was fine as long as I didn't add the daddy part.
"How does a bath and then talking out rules sound?" He asked me without answering any of my shower concerns at all.
"Can I do it myself? I practically begged him with my eyes.
He lifted me and wrapped my legs around his waist. No answer, he just played with my hair while he walked.
Once in my room - no, the nursery- jace laid me on the freaking changing table. I tried to zone out as he unbuttoned my onesie and opened my diaper. It was wet and I was strongly avoiding dealing with it.
"Oh my goodness Addy! You are such a good girl!" He was way too excited about pee. I was crying again, mortified. "I'm so proud of you baby, daddy is so proud." I sniffled as he went on.
This time, he lifted me to his waist completely naked. The mortification continued. I found myself begging for that stupid fuzzy feeling to come back so this wouldn't feel so miserable. I sat on the sink while he started the bath, bubbles and all. I didn't notice I was singing to myself.
I kept singing as Jace relieved my hands of the stupid mittens and set me in the pool of bubbles. I didn't notice the fuzzy feeling cloud my mind but didn't fight it's presence either. It made jace's hands less awkward in cleaning me, made the kisses on my forehead feel better, made his words of praise seen more true.
I watched his face as he washed me. There was that look my husband used to give, it looked like love. He sang the words to Disney songs while he washed my hair. I left his eyes to keep myself from sinking too deeply. The bubbles weren't helping though, those were pretty fun.
"Daddy?" I said it to the bubbles, not to him.
"Yeah baby?" He asked while he massaged grape conditioner into my hair.
"You bwaid my haiw pease?" My mind seemed too fuzzy for full words.
"How bout daddy tells you the rules while he braids your hair? Then you can have a bottle before bed." He was rinsing my hair now. I was a little worried I couldn't stay fuzzy for the rules though.
"Wanna stay fuzzy daddy." I pouted without meaning to.
"Of course sweet girl. You stay fuzzy as long as you want."
Daddy let me play in the bath for a long time. He didn't take me out until I started shivering. He wrapped me up in a ducky towel and patted me all dry. I giggled when he tickled me. He was kinda good to me I reasoned. This was the most relaxed I'd been ever.
Daddy let me walk back to my room in my towel but he held my hand the whole way.
Once in my room, daddy put a new diaper on me and my mind became fuzzier still. He picked out light blue footie pjs that had little clouds all over them and handed me a pacifier.
"It'll help you stay fuzzy, baby." He reasoned as I stared at it. Slowly, I opened my mouth for the pacifier and heard daddy praising my actions.
Daddy set me on the floor in front of him and started pulling a brush through my hair. "okay baby, time for rules."