Sweetest Thing

Author's Note: The 9th chapter is based on the song Sweetest Thing by U2 which can be found on the Spotify list of this short musical book. I hope you like and enjoy it! :)

--- *** ---

--- A Few Years Later ---

--- 15th of October, 1968 ---

2 years have passed since the triplets Skyler Autumn, Cindy and Jolan Snow have grew drastically as they commenced attending regularly kindergarten, in fact, they're already three-year-old infants.

What it immensely distressed the both former members of the clergy was that how their triplets significantly grew for the last three years of their fresh lives by getting bigger, developing fluently their vocabulary and about to begin their journey in the kindergarten by socializing with their peers and play with them. Eventually Jude and Timothy missed the old times when their rays of sunshine were younger and being able to spend more time all day even when Timothy was a Latin teacher in high school.

It was mid-October as the weather in Maine was chilly. Exemplary for the autumn. The days were rainy and cloudy as usually. The rich swarm of crispy, multicoloured leaves was tumbling from the grand trees by baring its branches that shaped a swanky crown, consequently carpeting luxuriously the ground with its crunchy carpet of autumn leaves.

Whilst the former pious man of the cloth was raking the rich pile of leaves in the yard, allowing the light autumn zephyr fanning his chestnut hair and his parchment, youthful complexion, the Bostonian was in the kitchen, baking in the oven apple scones, whereas her frail skeleton was clad in a plain lily-white apron as an armor in the kitchen against staining her garments. Her hips swayed in the low hum of the radio, relishing the music's rhythm, floating in the background as a sheer distraction.

In the meanwhile, the sound of opening door amalgamated with the low humming of the plugged radio, thereafter the door was slammed, resulting the former priest finishing his task with raking the leaves in the yard and tiptoeing up to the kitchen, in order to surprise his right hand. His resiliently hushing, masculine footsteps journeyed up to the petite frame. Oblivion of not being alone submerged the middle-aged woman, whose caramel brown pools scanned the oven's remaining time until the scones baked at last. Approximately a half an hour until they were fully baked as well. A beaming, smug smile flexed her jaw line as its facial muscles brushed her skull, cherishing the presciousness of flexing her facial muscles which weren't numbering frowning.

When Timothy was in front of his wife, he snuck his both strong, muscular arms around her waist as she flinched at first, baring her teeth to restrain a whimper. Her hazelish-brown orbs widened at the suddenness of the snaked arms circa her waist. In the interval, he nuzzled the nape of her neck lovingly.

"Oh, I didn't think yar about to finish too soon with raking the leaves in the yard, Timothy!" The middle-aged woman's hoarseness in her emphasis didn't fade, whilst one of his mammoth, amusingly warm hands managed to reach for her low messy bun by untying it, releasing a rich cataract of glossy old Hollywood gilt curls, piling up on her shoulders by exquisitely framing her round, porcelain profile. His nose tip delicately nuzzled the delicate skin of her nape of her neck after pushing on one side the cataract of silky gilt tresses on her shoulder, inhaling inwardly the alluring cologne of gardenia, waffling across his nostrils. Her heart raced in acceleration. "What are ya doing?" The huskiness in her chuckle clicked her tongue, unable to fade it right away.

"Mmm! You've a delicious smell, you know." The tremendous, succumbing distraction in the luxurious aroma of gardenia, afterwards pecking a feather kiss on the nape of her neck's epidermis as electrifying goosebumps prickled all over her epidermis from head to toes. "Your hair has always been a distraction with its rich aroma and everything about you."