went my love riding

She never made it to the window.

Instead, an arm quickly wrapped around her waist and she was set on a desk—in which she presumed to be the Hokage's—and a bandage was quickly wrapped around her eyes yet again. It was a surprise how much the bandage made her feel a secureness that she didn't know she needed before now, which meant it was probably going to become a common look for her.

  There was a few tense moments of silence, nobody really sure of how to deal with this turn of events.

"You can let me go now. I promise I won't run again," she said to the person who kept her in their hold, her voice holding a faint note of annoyance. The arm that was wrapped around her suddenly vanished, and she breathed out in relief. Having a person trap her like that was even worse than being in that hospital room.

"If I might ask, how did you manage to make it to here, from the hospital, without being able to see," Kakashi asked, his voice sounding disinterested even though he was anything but. He sounded close to her, so he must have been the one that prevented her from escaping again.

She shrugged, bringing her hands up to make sure the bandage was actually secure. She then lifted it up just a little, feeling the need to rub at her eyes. "I memorized a map of Konoha awhile ago. I knew where I started from so it wasn't hard making my way here. Though I did run into quite a few people," she answered with a frown, shrugging her shoulders. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

There was a short silence.

"Alright, what the hell is going on?" Ino snapped, crossing her arms. "I heard you were in the hospital! And what's wrong with your eyes and your face? They look differ-" A hand was quickly slapped over her mouth, effectively silencing her.

The pinkette frowned again. Her eyes were different? "What do they look like?" she whispered, gently touching the area under the bindings where her eyes were. They seemed the same, besides the fact that they were still a little tender and it was always as if she had her eyes closed, but the same nonetheless.

Everyone in the room, except for team seven, stared at the girl, surprised. Sakura's teammates were the only ones who were aware that she was blind, seeing as they only learned about it not even a short while ago, and that included the pinkette herself.

The Third Hokage, Sarutobi, stood up from his char that he had been watching from and walked to the front of the room to stare at the pink-haired genin.

"Why have you come here, despite your unfortunate circumstances, Sakura?" the elderly man asked, but not unkindly. He already knew as well? Sakura wanted to felt a spark of something choking rise up in her.

But the answer was immediate, and the genin in question completely forgot about the question about the appearance of her useless eyes. It was just another thing to add to the growing list of things that made her weak, she thought bitterly.

"Please, I want to stay a kunoichi," she stated, her voice unwavering despite the waves of emotions running through her, and she carefully slid off the desk to bow low to the ground to where she desperately hoped her kage was standing.

Sarutobi would admit that he was surprised by her request, considering the situation. He turned towards the teams that were watching them in confusion.

"I'm going to have to postpone your mission details for a letter date, seeing as I have something else to take care of at the moment," he told them, who nodded without protest and left the room.

Soon it was only team seven, a few hidden ANBU, and the Hokage who was left in the room. But Sarutobi turned towards the expectant faces of Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi, and dismissed them as well, much to their distaste. Naruto had to actually be dragged out, no surprise there.