crouched low and smiling

"Are you saying that you believe that Orochimaru is behind all of this?" Sakura asked, disbelief and nervousness clearly evident in her voice. There was a fresh bandage across her neck from where Kin's kunai had cut her.

Without hesitation, Itachi answered with, "Yes."

The pinkette let out a groan and fell forward so her forehead hit the table. She would probably have a nice sized welt there now. "Great.. So we are in a village that possibly tried to kill me and basically put Gekkou-san in a temporary coma, filled with genin's who hate my guts, and now on top of that, the famous Snake Sannin and S-Ranked ninja might be behind this all," she rambled on, and a hand gently patted her back in sympathy.

"Such is the way of a shinobi. We are put through impossible tasks, that we can either pass or fail. It's our Will that keeps us going," Itachi said, suddenly sounding years older than he actually was.

Only fools believe in the impossible.

Sakura was thankful to be surrounded by people who had good sense in them and inspiring words.

"So what made you come to the conclusion that-"

THUNK.

Itachi and Sakura swiveled their heads towards the window where Nico had unceremoniously hit the glass. The pinkette quickly leaped to her feet and opened the window, and the eagle summon practically cuddled to her neck.

"Uh, are you okay, Nico-kun?" she asked, running her fingers along the feathers on the back of his head.

"No," he whined. "Something happened, and I felt as if I could see everything. People were crying, filled with pain, and some of their bodies were mutated!"

Sakura felt Itachi come up behind her, and he gently took the frightened summon out of her hands. She worriedly chewed the inside of her cheek, not knowing what to do. She was a horrible summoner, partner, and friend.

"Haruno-san, would you like me to see what happened? I posses a.. a special kekkai genki that allows me to access people's memories, among other things," the undercover nin suddenly offered, confusing the pinkette. What type of kekkai genki was capable of that kind of feat?

But she agreed, and Itachi brought the shivering eagle summon to the bed and gently laid him down, before covering his body up with a blanket.

A few silent, tense minutes followed, where Sakura guessed that Itachi was using his gekkai genki. He suddenly let out a strangled sound, so low that any normal-person wouldn't be able to hear it, and the pinkette couldn't help the startled "What!?" that fell out of her mouth

It seemed that he had finished, because he replied with, "What Nico-san saw, was what was actually going on in Otogakure. There's something hidden underneath these grounds, and I'm willing to bet that the entrance is also somewhere around here."

Sakura took a moment to process his words, while sitting on the bed and pulling the eagle summon on her lap to her chest. "So, you still believe Orochimaru is at the bottom of all of this?" she repeated her earlier question hesitantly.

Itachi made a little sound of affirmative. "There are several signs, starting with what you said earlier while fighting with that genin. There are several snake statues in Otogakure, and it isn't for the aesthetic."

The pinkette cocked her head in confusion. "How did you know I said that? I thought you were busy with other things, which I why you kicked me out of my own room," she said.

"Our room," Itachi pointed out. "And I sent a clone to watch over you incase anything happened, so I heard and saw everything. Which brings me to the other thing I wanted to talk to you about."