Chapter 54

"Gonna have to try harder than that to keep up with me Lightwood."

"You are so gonna kick Alec's ass," she exclaims as I dodge another one of her kicks. We've been sparring for around an hour and I have to admit Izzy is outstanding. She's making me work for it that's for sure. Her fist flys out and I catch it gently twisting her wrist and spinning her around pinning her, with her free hand she taps me on the shoulder, "you win."

I release her chuckling, she doubles over breathing hard, "you're like a red-headed Wonder Woman fray. Seriously though when you become the victor, I can't wait to see the looks of all those smug assholes. Not everyone in Legends is as awesome as Jace and Alec, in fact, most of them are sexist as fuck. I mean how is it that after all these years there has never once been a leader who wasn't a self-righteous prick of a man? Excluding Jace of course."

You know now that I think of it she's right, I mean I knew the position was only ever held by a man but I never stopped to think of the type a guy the title always ends up falling on. I think of Salvador and the urge to want to punch something rises through my body, my hands curl at their side.

"Exhibit A is Salvador douchebag," I say even the name falling off my lips in a snarl makes me want a rematch just to wipe the floor with him again, " knocking that smug smirk off his face was more than enjoyable. You know before the fight he just kept talking shit he said little red riding hood would follow prey to his big bad wolf."

Izzy makes a vomiting noise, "I call next round against him."

"Wonder what he says about me now," I grin, "I'm sure he has thought of and voiced a thousand excuses. He can never accept the fact that he's just not good enough. But I have no issue reminding him how truly unimpressive he is every chance I get."

"Have I told you lately how much I admire you? You're changing the game, "Izzy says bumping my shoulder.

"We're changing the game," I correct, "strong independent women like you and me that refuse to bow down to a mans standards of us, women can't be stronger then men, women can't do this, women can't do that, fuck all of it,  fuck all of that bullshit, we say what we have the power to do."

"And all those sexist macho douchebags can watch and learn." Izzy says pumping her arm in the air, "just add an emotional speaker to your list of skills wonder fist."

"Wonder fist?" I say as I lose myself in laughter.

"Yeah, I'm still working on it! So," she says clasping her fist together," are you ready for our makeover montage?"

**********
After we're both showered and changed Izzy starts to tackle my hair, I forgot how nice it was to have someone helping me with this sort of stuff, on the occasion my mother actually wanted to braid my hair or one of the other few hairstyles she knew it was always nice. All three times.

My phone starts ringing and for the first time, I notice how many missed calls I have from all four boys. Izzy groans," can they just like not."

"Hey Jace," I say cheerfully to which he is not amused.

"Clary where are you? It's not safe," before I can hear the rest of his speech, Izzy, yanks the phone out of my hands.

"Wonder fist and I are completely capable of not getting kidnapped for an entire day without the big strong men to protect us." I bite my lip to keep from laughing as she continues, "now you boys play nice, we'll be back tonight in one piece. Off you go, Clary loves you too, bye!"

When she hangs up I can't hold it anymore, "Izzy, " I say through my laughter, "epic."

"Most of the things I do and say are." She says grinning with the flip of her hair.