Jackula: Maleficent AU Pt2 (Seapeesucksatlife)

Previously:

"I have avenged you, sire." Joel answered, any remorse he had for Jack completely gone. "You mean... he has been vanquished?" Joel simply nodded, no trace of emotion on his face. "Young lad, you have done a mighty deed. You have done what others feared to do. Your bravery will not go unnoticed. You shall be greatly rewarded. You shall be crowned king tomorrow at sunset." "... I shall do my best to be a worthy successor, sire." ... finally...

______________________________

Back in Harmony Hollow, jack cried to his hearts content. He cried until he had no tears left to give. Then, he took a deep breath and took a moment to think. I can't be here right now. I need to leave. Not for very long. Just a day or two. I need time to clear my head of everything... and figure out why Joel had done what he did. Why would he do this?... I just need to be alone... Jack attempted to stand up, but the pain that shot through his back felt like hell. He used the roots of the tree he was next to in order to stand. He attempted to take a step forward, only to stumble. He stopped his movements and sat down on the large tree root behind him. He had an idea, so he reached down and gently picked up a small twig, using his magic to transform it into a walking stick. He used the walking stick to push himself forward. He got a few steps away from the tree before the pain became too unbearable again. He stood still before continuing. Jack walked out of Harmony Hollow and walked toward an abandoned castle remains for some time alone. As he walked up to the rubble, a large roaring storm began to approach. I can rest here for the night then return to Harmony Hollow tomorrow. Not like I can head back right now anyway. The rain soon began to pour and jack situated himself in what used to be the throne room. As he looked out at the fields and valleys below him, he heard a noise come from his right.

Jack turned his head and saw a raven perched on a piece of rock next to him. The raven had ebony black feathers with a streak of red here and there. The raven squawked at Jack, perhaps as a 'hello'. Normally, Jack would of said hello back and they would of had conversation after conversation until sunrise. However, instead of doing this, Jack raised his hand and waved it, causing a small gust of magic to appear under the raven's feet. This startled the raven and it flew off, squawking. Jack just watched as the raven flew away. Goodbye to you too... The next morning, Jack walked further away from his home, not ready to face the others or to return. He begun walking past a field when he heard squawking. He looked into the air to see the same raven from the night before, fly over him and into the field. He begun to walk again, until he heard angry growling and barking followed by distressed squawking. Not wanting the poor beautiful creature to die, Jack stepped into the field, wincing every time one of the stocks would brush against his back. He got to a clearing, but made sure to be hidden so no one could see him, but he could see them. He saw the raven on the ground underneath a net while two dogs barked at it.

Jack watched as a farmer came into view, laughing at the raven's miss fortune. The farmer picked up a large stick and tapped it against his hand. "Haha, oh I got ya! I bloomin got ya! Haha..." The farmer raised his stick above his head and was about to bring it down upon the distressed raven. Jack acted quickly and without a hint of emotion upon his face, he waved his hand, causing light green magic to form. "Into a man..." then magic made its way over to the raven and it began to transform. The bird began to become bigger before it resembled a man. The raven man quickly stood up and shook the net off, watching as his feathery wings became hands, and his ebony black and cherry red feathers turned into a mess of hair, black on one side while the other was completely red. The farmer quickly dropped his stick before running away with his dogs. "It's a bloody demon!" Jack came out of his hiding spot and looked the man over. He was almost an entire head shorter than Jack and Jack was only 5'8 so this man was short. He looked at Jack suspiciously before finding his voice. "What have you done to my beautiful self?" "Would you rather I let them beat you to death?" The man looked down at himself before looking back up at Jack. "I'm not certain." "Stop complaining," Jack huffed. "I saved your life."