6. Best at Math

"Kinda." I shuffle over to him, slightly looking over his shoulder at the math problems across his paper, throwing the towel on another stool. I try to forget about my attire since we've both established a clear comfort level in our friendship come to think of it.

Perhaps we aren't that close yet. But I doubt either of us see anything more between us.

Pushing up his thin-rimmed glasses, he also examines the assignment, tapping his pen on the counter as he contemplates.

Though he only does this in approximate three second intervals, it quickly gets on my nerves. Each tap is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

I try to ask him a few questions about different equations, despite knowing full well the answer, though he consistently gives me wrong ones thinking they're right. I nod my head anyway as if I hadn't gotten straight A's in Advanced Calculus and Mathematics for years. To be honest, math is just about the only thing I'm good at, but there isn't one career I'd like that involves it.

My distraction plan of questioning didn't quite do the trick and only amplified the pen tapping whenever he explained things.

As we both watch the paper in silence, the pen continuously banging against the marble-top with screeching clicks, I decide I've had enough. There's no way I can focus on this assignment while he's doing that.

Letting out an exhausted sigh, I reach over the paper, and the boy, snatching the pen from his two fingers and instinctively chucking it across the island.

"Noona?" The boy questions.

I stare at the ballpoint for a second in disbelief of how immature and ornery I've just become. I really just did that.

"Sorry," I stutter, mouth still agape, trying to form a proper explanation. "It was, annoying me."

Jungkook giggles in a confused way. "You could've just told me to stop."

When I snap myself back to reality, I realize that I'm still slightly bent over the island, over his lap, my body inches from his. I stand up a little straighter now, adjusting my shirt by pulling it down as far as possible.

I look at his amused face. His amused face looks at mine. But then he looks down. Not at the floor, but at my chest which has inevitably been soaked with my wet hair. So now my white shirt is see-through, my body is half wet, I'm still only inches from the cat nanny that just wanted help with his homework, and I think he just bit the inside of his lip.

Jungkook blinks up to my eyes as I loudly clear my throat. He doesn't blush, or seem, even the slightest, uncomfortable. I am though. Both.

As quick as possible, I walk over to pick up the pen, sliding his paper to the other side of the counter where I plop down into a stool and immediately busy myself with finishing the problems. It's a great distraction of the current situation.

Need to get him out as soon as possible.

After a few minutes, Jungkook speaks up, his tired voice reminding me how late it is and how he has school tomorrow. "So, do you wanna just give it to me tomorrow? It's not due for another day. You can stop by my place." He yawns.

"Mhm," I nod, still hesitant to look up and to re-reveal my wetted shirt.

"Okay." He yawns again. "Goodnight then. Thank you Noona."

[a/n]
Might add to this later or just post another chapter, still deciding and editing :)

| Gentlekissu |