14. Burn

"N-Noona."

Our mouths have been pressed together for about a minute now, and I don't plan on stopping. I let my fingers claw at his incredibly soft hair, which seems to give him a euphoric sensation, eliciting a harsh exhale from his mouth every once in awhile.

His back is against the couch now as I lay on top of him. One of his hands is gripping onto my waist and pulling down so that I'm even closer to him, the other clearing hair from my face.

Every kiss gets my mind off of Hyunjoo more and more. It's like I can finally breathe—even though physically I can't really.

"Noona," he chuckles a bit now, his mouth stretching into a light grin across my lips. "Slow down," he roughly whispers, but I'm not sure if he means it.

"Why?" I mumble, breaking away for a split second to pant for air.

He chuckles again but allows me to go back to attacking his mouth. "Dust is watching," he stammers due to my kisses breaking up his words.

Upset at his interruptions, I pull away from him. "What?"

"Meonji. She's right there."

Following his finger, my eyes meet the gray cat's, who is sitting attentively right beside the couch. Mood ruined. Though, it's probably for the better, I deem.

I sigh heavily, creating a tiny bit of space between our bodies so that we aren't up against one another anymore. My hand goes through my hair as I try to bring myself back to reality.

Jungkook may be an adult, but that doesn't make him ready for a relationship. Or, rather, a make-out session—an intense one.

His cocoa eyes assess me carefully. "Don't you have a bedroom?" He interrupts my train of thought and I can hear that his voice is still hoarse and faintly out of breath as it glides near my ear.

"What makes you think we're going that far?" I implore, readjusting the position I'm in over top of him.

"Uh." He scoots backward from under me, sitting up more. His gaze goes down to his pants before looking up at me with narrowed eyes and half a grin. "You undid my belt."

My heart begins pounding wildly, if it wasn't before. I can't comprehend what was going through my head two minutes ago.

"I'm sorry," I say, maneuvering completely off of him and onto the other side of the couch.

In response, he props himself up comfortably on his elbows. "For what? You have my consent," he smirks.

"The age difference."

"So? Somi, I'm not a child."

I cross my arms over my chest. "It makes me feel guilty. Like I'm taking your innocence or something."

"If kissing does that then my innocence has been gone since I started working at the bakery."

I glare at him.

"You can't blame me for kissing a few girls back then. They're all over you there," he defends himself worriedly.

"It's fine, Jungkook," I breathe. "But seriously, have you done...this?"

He pauses, nibbling at his swollen lower lip. "So what if I haven't?" He eventually admits after I look away. "I've gotten close before."

I gaze at the door for a minute. An odd silence filling the air between us, encouraging neither of us to speak up. A part of me feels guilty for leading him on all this time only to end up telling him that he's not ready.