15. Rebound

Later, when his shivers ceased, and his shoulders relaxed, it was all too wonderful to take for granted.

The way he looked into my eyes will forever put me in shock. Those dark, black, irises peering into me as if I had just saved him, when in reality, he saved me.

And so when he walked through the wooden doors of the café, my lips stretched into an overjoyed smile.

His hands rest onto the front counter as our gazes lock in sync. He raises his brows in a humorous way and I cover my mouth to giggle.

"You two seem awfully chipper today..." Lisa says suspiciously, eyes switching between the two of us as she hands Jungkook a drink he likes. "Anything you'd like to share?"

Quickly, he busies himself sipping his beverage, his round eyes finding a spot on the ceiling. I snicker.

"Kay then." Lisa pulls out her phone.

I slide myself off the counter to share a quick chat with him. His thin lips are wetted by the coffee he was sipping, and his grin widens into a cheeky smile.

"Hi. Again," he chuckles.

"Hi. So, what are you up to this weekend?"

A playful grin goes over his face after he pretends to think for a minute. I give him a stern look, urging for an honest answer.

"Working today," he finally says. "Nothing tomorrow. What are you up to this Summer, Noona?"

"It's not Summer yet."

"Give it a month. Any plans?"

"I'm getting the feeling you're looking for a special answer."

"Maybe," he grins.

"Rephrase the question please."

"Somi noona, will you be my...special answer?"

"I thought you only liked me as a friend," I teased.

"I lied."

I narrow my eyes before a loud voice sounds from behind me. "If you guys are gonna kiss make it happen already!" Lisa covers her ears. "I can't stand the cryptic flirting."

"We're not gonna kiss," I rebuttal over my shoulder.

Jungkook frowns, tilting his head to the side. "We're not?"

"I'll see you later." I lightly scruff his hair upon turning away from him. Though it isn't quite enough to disarm his persistence. His arm reaches over the counter, latching onto mine, spinning me into a forced hug with a hand gripping my waist. Prior to me pulling away, his lips briefly land onto my cheek before whispering a version of the words I'd said to him.

"See you."

I blush. And before I know it, he's leaving the café and Lisa's nudging my shoulder.

"Look at you," she sings cheerfully. "He's got you all worked up. You must really like him. I've never seen you like this since the divorce."

"Ugh, please don't mention the divorce. I think I'm finally recovering." I smile to myself, feeling only joy.

"Oh my God," Lisa suddenly exclaims. "You totally got laid last night! Holy shit, I didn't know the boy had it in him."

"Can you lower your voice," I whisper-yell even though she ignores me anyway.

"Right, well now that you've got that out of your system, you can start looking for an actual relationship."

"What are you talking about?" I laugh, rearranging a station.

"Somi, you're not serious about this kid, right? How many girlfriends has he had?"

"Um, I don't know. That's his business."

"Well had he had sex before?"

"Lisa!"

"Sorry," she raises her hands in surrender. "I just don't want your heart broken again."

"He's not gonna cheat on me, if that's what you're getting to," I say defensively. "He likes me too much."

"And I wonder why. You were his first. Of course he's going to be attached."

"That's not why."

I roughly exhale, combing my hand through my hair as Lisa takes a customer's order. I never expected her, of all people, to be against our relationship. It's not her concern anyway.

I fold my arms when she approaches me again with soft, apologetic, brows. She tucks some of hair behind my ear, forcing her lips into a thin line.

"Just be careful," she says delicately. "It feels rushed to me, that's all. I know how much you loved Hyunjoo."

Quickly, I nod, then busy myself elsewhere, avoiding her and the toxic thoughts I have been fed.

I don't understand. She's the one that encouraged me to try dating again. What could be so wrong with it being Jungkook? It's not like he's some innocent little baby.

[a/n]
Hiiii. This was sort of a filler chapter because I wanted to post as soon as I could for you guys! Love u lots ❤️

Also thank you for all your comments and votes!

|GentleKissu|