Poison.

This Chapter has been edited. :)

Hermione's pov. 

'Did you get caught?' Draco asks holding the door open for me. 

'Of course not or I wouldn't be here' I say. We have been creating meeting spots between lessons to chat to each other as we are supposed to be enemies. Regardless of the fact we are in the same house. Why are things so complicated?

'I suppose so. So why are we here?' Draco asks. 

'To uh... I got a letter from my father. Here read.' I pass him the crumpled up letter in my pocket. 

'Well what's the problem, it's not like you are getting attached.' Draco says smiling. He pats the table next to him. We are in the charms classroom early that morning. 

I sit next to him. 'Actually I think I am' I say quietly. If Draco hadn't of been sitting next to me he probably wouldn't of heard. 

'Hermione.... Hermione, it would never happen. Your The Dark Lord's daughter. He wouldn't ever get it happen. Allow me to break it to you now, I mean it would be easier now than later when he suddenly ends up dead. Remember?' Draco says. 

'I get it! No need to go on. Don't you think that I have thought of all this beforehand! Huh? I have. And there is nothing I can do about it. I know I have to turn my feelings away and carry out the task but it gets harder each day. Don't give me lectures on what's right and wrong because you fucked things with didn't you. The Pansy incident, remember? That girls dead because of you'

I am pissed completely livid. 

'So? I did wrong too but that's no reason why suddenly everything is my fault. I am only trying to help.' Draco says softening his voice. He reaches out his hand to place on my back but instead I stand up moving away from him. 

'I don't need you help' I say determined and slam the door on my way out leaving a hurt Draco behind. But I don't care. 

*********************** 

'Hey Hermione' I turn round and see Harry behind me in the corridor. 

'Hey, breakfast?' I ask and for some reason I actually care what he thinks and want him to say yes. 

'Yes sure. Ron and Ginny won't be here for a while. They just had Quidditch practise and are both in the showers' 

We walk together in the Great hall over to the Griffindor table. Despite the fact I am Slytherin they are used to my presence and accept me. I am welcome. 

'I think you would make an amazing Quidditch player.' I say genuinely. I surprise myself sometimes too. I could feel Draco burning holes into my head with his eyes. 

'Thanks. Prehaps at the next audition I could try out' He says picking up bacon and eggs and slowly begins to eat. I don't eat anything, I feel hungry but don't want to eat. 

'I think you would do great!' I say. I smile at my tactics I mean it's not as if I mean anything by it. 

'You not eating?' He asks. Aww so Harry cares about me. If I carry on not eating than maybe he would care more. 

'No, potions next. The fumes have a habit of making me feel sick.' I say. It's not a complete lie. 

'Talking about potions, should we head over?' 

********************* 

'Malfoy and Riddle, Weasley and Potter and Weasley and Brown.' Professor Snape finishes his orders and on a good day I would love to sit by my best friend but today I hate the idea. All of us are next to each other, Draco, Harry, Ron, lavender, Ginny and me. Our tables are close togther. 

Harry sends me a sympathetic smile and I resist the urge to laugh. I gather the ingredients together and without talking to Draco, work together to create the potion Professor Snape has asked us too. An ear splitting scream makes Draco drop the class of spiders eyes and I almost laugh until I hear someone shout. 

'Ginny!' At Harry's voice I turn. Ginny is sprawled out on the floor shaking and twitching. I was horrified. 

'Ginny I cry. Ginny!' I rush out of my seat and run over to her to hell. Just for sake of course, it's not that I actually care about her at all deep down. It's just an act. 

'Get out the way Riddle. You did this' The weasel accuses me. I stand up and stare at him. 

'How dare you?' I yell. 

'Children take this elsewhere and not in my classroom. Weasley detention and Riddle please be quiet.' Professor Snape cut us off and I was glad I had no more than a slap on the wrist. 

'WHAT? This is unfair!' Ron yells. 

'20 house points taken away. Need I say anymore? Riddle and Weasley go take Miss Weasley down to hospital wing!' 

I sigh as and Ron picks Ginny up and takes her out the room. I hurry to follow him. 

'Why would I poison my best friend?' I yell. 

'How do I even know she is your best friend? Your a Slytherin you could just be trying to hurt her' Ron said. Smart Ron. But I will not let him get in my way. 

'You honestly believe that I did it?' We had made it to the Hospital wing now. 

'Yes' Ron laid her down in the bad and I sighed. 

'I didn't do it. And I will prove to you that fact. If it's the last thing I do.' Before I turn and walk out I notice THAT Ron gulped nervously. I wonder why? 

************************* 

I walk round to the people that were in potions and might have seen something and I got very little to no response. Thankfully people didn't actually think I did it. 

'Her- Hermione' A weak voice behind me said. 

'Oh Neville hey' I say. I give him a kind smile and he opens his mouth to talk. 

'I saw something.' Oh really? I assume he could help me. 

'What is it?' I ask. 

'Someone put something in Ginnys potion to make it explode.' Neviile said and I was curious. 

'Who was it?' I ask. 

'Ron Weasley' 

******************** 

A/N: First chapter of the day. I promise it gets more Intresting. Please vote and comment if you wish. Obviously I don't own these amazing characters tho as you well know. Don't worry once all the story is written I will go back and sort of spelling and grammatical errors so no need to yell.