Trick

Hermione's pov. 

Ginny, Harry and I were sitting underneath a tree basking in the dusking sun just being ourselves. Ginny and I laughing from a funny joke Harry came up with. We were enjoying ourselves and for a moment I forgot that they weren't my real friends. For a moment I forgot that I would have to betray them. I almost forgot for a moment that my own best friend is sat in the common room plotting a way to get me back. 

'She's a evil liar!' We turn to find Ron coming torwards us at an alarming speed. I smirk, what could possibly be the problem now? 

'OH yeah, says the brother who posioned me!' Gimym screamed standing up. 

'She's related to Malfoy?!' Ron yelled. Fuck my life Draco must of told him! The bastard. I will strangle Draco when I get back. I knew as soon as Harry and Ginny looked at me I was going to have to do some acting of my own to get them on my side. 

'I... When you found my Ginny I had no one but my abusive cousin, it was him that made me sick Gin, I felt so lucky that such a kind person like you had found me. I knew instantly that Malfoy wouldn't have been accepted within 5 minutes of being in your presence. What Ron would say would tell me enough. So I... I didn't tell you not  because I thought it would make you hate me. And I didn't want you to hate me. But I was right wasn't I! You are going to turn your backs on me now you know the truth.'  I drop to my knees and add a few tears for effect. 

Ginny stands to my defence. 

' How dare you Ronald! Have you ever thought that she didn't tell us because we would react how you just did. Related to Malfoy or not Hermione is my best friend and I don't stand for you having a go at Hermione. Look at her. She is a state and you can't do that when you are a liar! Ronald Weasley I am telling mum!' I inwardly smirked. I knew now that I had won. 

Harry came over to me and bent down next to me. He put a hand on my back and I felt actual sparks. 

' It's okay 'Mione, I believe you' he said rubbing my back softly. I could of cried for joy, they will never trust Ron again. 

'It just hurts so much, with everything going on at home..' I baited Harry quietly hoping he would bite. 

'What's happened?' Harry asked genuinely. I made myself cry harder and Harry whispered some comforting words. This is it, he is finally eating out of the palm on my hand. 

'Father is sick. Very sick. On his deathbed and they want me to visit him. But I don't have any emotional support and I don't think I could do it alone. So I...i can't go.' I cry. 

'Well I could be there, be your emotional support as such' Harry said. Perfect. Father will be happy. I will write him a letter as soon as I get back after I finish killing Draco. Although he has sped up the process a bit. 

'Well that's not my fault is it? You just can't keep your mouth shut Ronald. You never like anyone who is better than you. Their is nothing wrong with Hermione you are just an idiot! You just don' t like her because you don't like anyone who is better than you. Than their is the fact you couldn't get her in bed because unlike the other slags you hang around with, she is a decent human being. If you can't stand that then fine but don't try and ruin a friendship that gets stronger each minute!'

Looks like Ginny is eating out of my hand too. 

************************ 

'Draco Malfoy!' I yell in the Slytherin common room. I honestly did not care who was watching. 

Draco came down his hair tussle and messy and stretched those toned arms and gave me his winning smile. He grabs an apple off the decor fruit stand and changes it into a real green apple and takes a bite. 

'Oh so are we speaking to me now are we?' He says slyly. He pulls an innocent face. 'How's your plan coming along, needing my help yet?' 

'No actually. It's all set. Harry is coming home with me this summer. No thanks to you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Telling Ron about us being cousins was a dumb move. Although I did get the job quicker. I don't know whether to slap you or hug you.'

I sit down on the sofa and Draco sits on the armrest. 

'A hug would be nicer. I don't get it, me tell Ron about us being cousins, why would I do that?' Draco being genuinely confused has confused me. 

'Wait... It wasn't you?' 

'No. Now for this hug' He reaches over to me but I push him away. 

'Then who did? How did he find out?' 

Draco sighs. 'There are other ways. Take the library for one, all you need to know is that persons first and last name.'

So all of this was Ron's doing? He really isn't as dumb as I thought. Better hurry this plan up soon. 

******************** 

Harry and I were walking together through the streets of London. Father has hired out an appartment especially for this occasion. 

'Hermione, you have stopped' 

'This.. Is it' I am nervous. I have grown attached to Harry recently and I actually get defensive and try to protect him when Draco through his round of nasty insults. Heaven forbid why I would do that, I don't know. 

We walk up through the garden up to the block of flats. My heart is in my throat. I walk up the flights of stairs and knock the door gently. It opens slightly then something hits me in the heart hard. 

'Harry, RUN !'