6 days

A/N: And onto the next part.

Hermiones Pov

The alarm woke me up at 3am. I yawn and sit up my head in my arms. I so shouldn't be awake this early in the morning. I hope the stupid git appreciates this. Although I suppose it is fulfilling a life debt. Afterall he did play in part in saving me once.

I sit up in bed, deadly still and I double check that everyone is asleep. While putting on some clothes that will prevent me from freezing in between here and the infirmary I come to the conclusion that now isn't a good time to send the letter so early in the morning as I don't father to think there is anything wrong or suspicious. Taking the little vial of liquid that is Ron's antidote from my trunk I make my way down the common room stairs.

Climbing through the portrait hole and hiding in the shadows. I slowly make my way to the hospital wing. Finally inside I check all the beds until I find someone who is freckled, ugly and ginger. Hm... perfect.

I gently put two fingers on his nose and squeezed tightly causing him to breath out of his mouth. Then I pour the antidote down his throat and let go of his throat. Happy that the antidote has been given to him without a hitch I allow myself a small smile. The antidote won't show any symptoms of doing anything on the outside for 4 or 5 hours yet which should be longer enough for Professor Snape to brew a heavy sleep draught which should knock Ronald out long enough for all this to be over.

Happy that death was prevented this time I quickly came to the conclusion that the waiting period for a bad event to happen is almost as bad as it actually happening. I get back to my bed and strip of my clothes.

Unlucky for me my body didn't awake when my alarm went off for me at 7am before classes. In face I slept all the way until 2pm and had missed all morning classes.

*

I shuffle a bit in my bed and roll over. It is awfully loud for 7pm I thought. I roll over again and yawn opening my eyes. There in my dorm was Daphne and Pansy fully dressed with a full face of makeup on gossiping.

'You are up early.' I remark casually. They both turn round and Pansy lets out a smirk.

'Or maybe you are just up late Riddle.' Pansy says flipping her hair over her shoulders. Both girls giggle and leave the room. Confused I turn to my left and read the clock. 2pm??? And no one woke me up? Oh my god.

I quickly get changed and rush down the stairs only for a clumsy Draco to walk into me.

'Hey!' I mutter angrily. If he wanted my attention, walking into me is not a good start.

'Hey yourself.' Draco slurs, 'Either you had a hell of a hangover or you were actually sick. You never miss lessons.' He says slowly. I raise my eyebrows at him and push my arms out in front of me putting space between me and my cousin.

'You drunk cuz?' I ask casually. He never drinks.

'Celebrating. I got the mark. The mark! Look at it!' He drunkenly rolls up his sleeve and shows me the death eater tattoo. A while ago I would've been happy for him. Now I am not so sure.

'Happy? You don't seem happy.' I state. And I was right. Despite the congratulations my dear cousin was getting from everyone and the gifts and drink, he really seemed down. Borderline looks like he might cry.

'Ah well.' He says and saunters off in the opposite direction. He trips over the rug and falls onto the sofa and Blaise Zabini puts an arm around the boy.

Reassured that at least he is being taken care of I leave the common room in search of Professor Snape. Just because I am in a bit of a tiz with my cousin doesn't mean I want him hurt or dead.... Yet.

'Professor Snape.' I call walking into his office. He turns around and regards me wearily.

'Miss Riddle, glad to see you are alive. You weren't in potions this morning.' He remarks. I shift my weight back and forth on my feet.

'Sorry sir, after setting a early alarm to give the potion, I appeared to sleep through my second alarm and therefore miss all of this mornings lessons.' I say regretfully. I genuinely didn't mean to miss lessons.

'Not with Draco Malfoy? He wasn't in lessons either.' Professor Snape says.

'No sir, Draco wasn't with me. In fact we aren't even talking at the moment.' I say. No need to drop in the fact he is drunk. It wouldn't benefit me in any way.

'Hm... I will have to look into that then. I assume you want the sleeping draught for your friend?' He asks. Not waiting for an answer he pulls out two vials.

'Two?' I question.

'The first is the strongest sleeping potion magic has, and the second is a poison diluter. I even labelled them SP and PD so you cannot mix them up Miss Riddle.' He hands them both to me and I nod in thanks. Just as I was just leaving Professor Snape drawls,

'Don't think for a moment I don't know what you are up too Miss Riddle.'

I gulp nervously and leave his office placing the vials gently in my bag. I make my way over to the hospital wing and pull out the bottle called SP and pour down Ronalds throat. I hear someone coming down the corridor and I don't have time to leave. Instead I sit in the chair next to him and pretend I am a caring visitor.

Ginny Weasley comes flying through the doors and stops as she sees me with Ron. Silently she sits next to me. It would look suspicious if I were to run out now so I wait to see if conversation will be made.

'I know you didn't really like him... So how come you are here.' She asks. It is a fair question. Regardless of the kindness I showed Ron, after the last stunt he pulled Ginny and Harry deemed it okay for me to dislike Ron so I didn't bother hiding my feelings no more.

'No, that's true.' I say. I need something that sounds genuine yet plausible. I don't want to create suspicion. 'But regardless of who it is, no one deserves to be poisoned...' I say trying to appear sad. Ginny buys it and wraps her arms around me.

'You are a good person you know.' She says and she takes her arms back. A tiny guilt ball churns in my stomach and clear my throat.

'Now he has some better company, you know that actually likes him...' Ginny chuckles. 'Um...I will go back to my common room, I have some charms homework that I need to complete.' I say and Ginny nods. I wave my goodbyes and hurry back to the Slytherin common room. I sigh in relief.

Upon entering I discover the party was in full swing and that most of the Slytherin probably hadn't been to many classes today or at least not planning to go to the afternoon ones judging by the state of soberness they were in.

But I could use this party to my advantage. Moving quickly because I am aware that a teacher could burst in at anytime and shut it all down I use the loud music and heavily intoxicated people to my advantage as I sneak up into the boys dorm. Or more importantly Draco's dorm.

Checking that no one was inside I sneak in making my way over to cousins bed. I knew exactly where it was as we used to come up here and talk together. I smile bitterly when our friendship came before anything else. But now we have both changed.

Snapping my head out of my thoughts I double check there is no one around then bend down in front of his bed and pull open his trunk. Buried at the bottom was a carelessly thrown bottle of poison. It is beyond me that my mother was named after something so lethal. Wait.... No it shouldn't surprise me. Walking into the boys bathroom joined onto their rooms I pour half the bottle of potion down the sink. Then I pull out my bottle of PD and poor half of it onto the poison then gently put the lid back on. Gently swirling it I fasten the lid again and place it back in Draco's trunk.

I check if the entrance is clear and make it back to my dorm and sat on my bed, I smile to myself. Try acting out of plan now Draco.