4 days

Harrys Pov

Hermione has stumbled into class late. Professor McGonagall questions the girl but no reply is made. I am instantly concerned for Hermione as she seems to be getting paler by the minute. She mumbles something incoherently and begins to sway.

Her cousin Draco, who up until that point had point blank refused to even acknowledge his cousins existence was out of his seat walking towards Hermione. Professor McGonagall tried to tell him to sit back down but he ignored her. Just as he got to Hermione she stumbled and her eyes fluttered and she began to fall.

Malfoy wrapped his arms around her and slowly went down with her lying her torso on his lap. He face only held sadness, worry and sorrow. If it was an act, it was certainly a good one because all Malfoy seemed to care about in that moment was his cousin.

With permission from the Professor Draco lifts Hermione up bridal style and takes her to what I assume is the hospital wing.

My finger reach into my top and pull out the locket that Hermione had created for me. Inside the locket she put a spell. She told me that when I am captured and I come face to face with Voldemort than I am too open the locket and it can end things once and for all.

Unfortunately I can't go and see Hermione because I have to keep up appearances. However if she is still sick at night then there is nothing stopping me from using my invisibility clock.

*

Hermiones Pov

My eyelids felt heavy. Not bothering to open either eye do to the large amount of effort I think that would take I wait in darkness for my other senses to kick in. The muffled sound is eventually tuned in and it seems that Madam Pomfrey is talking to my cousin. Inwardly I smile, but it is a very tired smile though because I am exhausted. I feel as though I have been used to sharpen knives.

'....So will she be okay?' Draco asks. I had made no emotion to show I was awake so I was able to just listen to the conversation.

'I can't say for certain Mr Malfoy. I am afraid we don't know what is in her system. Hopefully it can be flushed out. It seems like some sort of poison.' Madam Pomfrey says and I hear my cousin gasp. Footsteps leave the bed yet two shaky hands pick up one of my numb ones.

So Draco stayed while she left. 'Oh cuz, I am so so sorry.... Poison? It could all be my fault. I am in way to deep, way to far. I need you awake Hermione, I need your help.'

Internally I was panicking and celebrating at the same time. Celebrating because the Draco I know and love was back but panicking because the Draco I hate is needed to carry out the mission. Hm... looks like I will need to encourage his darker side and just hope there is enough goodness in him so that by the end he will be at my side not in a cell in Azkaban.

At that moment it sounded as if the doors were opened.

'Oh Draco!' The voice called. Ah, Ginny. I assumed they embraced each other to some extent as Draco let go of my hand.

'How is she?' She asks. Ginny takes my left hand.

'Not good, look Gin-' Draco begins.

Oh shit he is about to blow the whole thing. Time to make my presence known.

I squeeze Ginny's hand and she gasps.

'Draco!' She gasps, 'Hermione just squeezed my hand!'

'What?! Hermione! Hermione can you here me, are you okay? Come back to me cuz!' Draco speaks to me his voice breaking.

'Madam Pomfrey!' Ginny calls. I begin to shuffle in the bed and I hear Draco inhale deeply.

'Hermione, can you open your eyes?' He asks softly and I comply. 'Oh Hermione!' He calls and wraps his arms around me. It felt nice to have my cousin hug me again.

'Hands away Mr Malfoy, I need to run diagnostics on Miss Riddle.' Madam Pomfrey voice was heard and she walked towards me.

'How are you feeling dearie?' She asks kindly. I clear my throat and wince.

'Weak and sore.' I say, it wasn't a lie. Draco had taken my right hand and looked at me with so much emotion I wanted to cry.

'Hey' I say softly. Ginny excuses herself after pecking Draco on the cheek. She mentions something about letting everyone else know that I was okay.

'Oh Hermione, I realise everything I have done and I am so sorry, I can stop it all and the plan-'

I cut my cousin off. 'The plan needs to happen Draco. But trust me it won't end like they think it will, I have the upper hand.' I then burst into a coughing fit and Draco rubs my back. Poppy comes back over and waves her wand at me then observes the results.

'You should be okay in the morning dear, you will need to stay the night though.'

A/N: I am going to bed now so the next chapter won't be for about 12 hours because I sleep for 12hrs. Seriously though during lockdown I sleep more now more than ever!