Chapter Four

Chapter four

I jumped in a few puddles about to enter into my driveway. The rain had stopped but it still drizzled ever so lightly.

It took about one hour to get home and l was completely drenced in water, it sticked on me like another layer of skin. I shrugged not caring that much. My breaths were uneven and heavy from running so much.

I walked in tip towing as l tried trying to be as quite as possible, my mom would kill me seeing me like this.

I walked up the staircase to my room. I heard voices in the kitchen recognizing them as my parents. I slowly opened my room slipping inside and into my bathroom.

I quickly stripped and opened the water. My bathroom didn't have a shower but l didn't mind l loved taking hot long bathes. What l hated was that when l was late l heard to shower meaning l heard to past the hallway to the extra room with a shower.

After a nice relaxing bath l dryed myself and walkes into my room. I quickly took out my books a was relieved to see they were not that wet. I layed thm on my bed taking out my pen and calculater to look likel was studying. I went over to my drawer and looked around for what to wear.

I frowned, deciding to wear a baggy pants and an oversized hoody. I walked down stairs putting on a smile as l neares the kitchen.

"Hey mom, hey dad"

"Ow hi Sky where have you been?" my mom asked looking suspicious. "I came late cause l decided to stay at the school libray to study a bit and when l came home l immediately went into my room to study."

My mom smiled happily,"good."

My dad looked at me with a small smile. "How is school Skylar?"

"Its okey..." why was he asking. I'm getting a bad feeling here. "Are you sure?" He pushed on.

"Ya I'm sure...were you at my school or something, whats with the questions?" I raised a questioning eyebrow. I hoped he didnt come, oh god, what if he talked to my teachers what if they told him I'm always distracted in class and can never seem to answer qustions. Shot.

He shrugged turning to leave "just asking"

I laughed lightly relieved that that was all. "Okay mom I'm going back to study". She nodded and smiled going back to cooking.

I left the room running up the stairs and into my room. I slammed into my bed, l took out my phone texting Macy.

After waiting a few minutes and seeing no responce l signed walking to my drawer.
I searched through my books and took out the now familiar black book. I went over to my bed putting my books aside as l sat down. I made it seem like l was studying so if my mom came in she wouldn't ask me questions. I decided to study a bit and after about an hour l was bored and decided that was enough for the day.

My stomach growled reminding me l haven't eaten anything all day. I walked out my room letting out a breath as l spotted my mom dishing up. My dad was in the living room watching another soccer game.

"Food is ready!"my mom announced. My dad groaned not wanting to stop watching the game but he knew he had to. My mom made it a strict rule that we eat together as a family in the dining room everyday.

I sat down immediately devouring my food like it was my last meal. I was done in under three minutes slouching feather into the sit.

I took my plate to the kitchen placing it gently in the sink. I walked over to my mom and we talked a bit.

I sat down on the couch picking uo the remote as scrolled through the television channels looking for something nice to watch. I signed not finding anything worth my time and decided to just watch some cartoon network.

Family Guy was playing and l felt my heart cling. Macy loved this show.

Macy used to make me watch it every time l came to her house.

I yawned filling sleep creeping in. I walked to the kitchen and said goodbye to my parent's as l headed to my room.

Today was long day and l was exhausted. I just wanted to sleep for a whole two weeks.

I walked to my bathroom taking out my baggy trousers and jersey and putting on a short and an oversized shirt.

I walked to my bed quickly switching off the lights as l got cosy in the blankets. I sat in bed knowing l wouldn't fall asleep fot atleat the next one hour.

***

Hi!!!

So this chapter was mostly showing you about Linda's life at home.

I just wanted you to know how her personal life was.

Yes its very short l apologize but l really wasn't having a lot of ideas today.