after fight

this is a sequel to a story i have already wrote, so make sure you go check that one out first :)

________________________________

*the night of the fight*

you drove to kat's, it was 6am. you knew she wasn't going to be awake but you went there anymore. you rang the doorbell. no one answered so you rang it again. you knocked on her apartment door.

kat opened the door. her hair was a mess and she had bags under her eyes. "y/n ?" "what are you doing here so early" she asked yawing.
" can i stay here for a little bit" you asked.

"sure, but you know sam is staying here too right?". you looked up at her realizing sam was staying there since his room got burned up in the fire. "oh right, i'll just go somewhere else" you said softly. "what no, you can still stay" she said concerned. " no it's fine" you gave her a small smile. you turned your back towards her to walk out of her apartment building. "hey"
she said softly. you looked back at her. kat had her arms out to give you a hug. "do you wanna hang out later and talk about it" she asked. you nodded.

you left her apartment and went back to your car. brennen, you thought to yourself. you drove to his house.

you rang the doorbell, by now it was 7am. brennen liked to wake up early to go on jogs so you figured he'd be awake.

he opened the door. his face looked surprised. "y/n". he leaned in for a hug. "why are you here" he asked a little nervously. "it's a long ass story, do you mind if i can stay here for a couple days" you asked.

he scratched the back of his head. "what"
you asked confused. " colby's here right now"

you took a deep breath. "oh" you said turning your back towards him. " y/n" brennen said softly. you turned your back around to look at him. in that moment you saw colby walking up to the door.

you both looked eachother dead in the eye.
"i'm sorry" colby said. you walked into the house. " me too". colby grabbed both of your hands. you looked at brennen to signal that you want to be alone with colby.

"y/n i need to know, are you in love with jake, are you going to think about him when you're with me" he asked tearing up.

"colby i want you" "that's not what i asked" colby whispered. " i will always care about jake in a way that i can't describe, but i'm in love with you colby, i want a future, a life with you"

colby looked down. "i'm so in love with you it makes me weak, it- it makes me jealous and protective over you" he said clenching his fists.

"i'm sorry" you said softly. colby looked up at you. " i'm the one who fell in love with you" he said.

"i just want everything to be back to normal with us three" you sighed. "me too" colby said pulling you into a hug.