Chapter 2: The Stranger

Lucifer POV

earlier that day..

The Devil picked up the phone to the voice of an angel.

"Hey, Lucifer,"

"Good morning, Detective," Lucifer answered his wife, smiling slightly.

"You've been at Lux all night. I need you home," Chloe said flatly. Lucifer poured himself a drink and turned towards the young man sitting on his couch and sighed.

"I know, love. Trust me, I wish I was in bed with you this morning too," he trailed off. Lucifer heard shouting on the other side of the line. "Chloe?" he asked, worried.

"It's just Wren," came the response. "Charlie finally got her up. And Lucien, too," she added, sounding slightly tired. Lucifer transferred his phone to the other hand while he sipped at his drink.

"We need to tell her. Soon," Chloe said quietly. He sighed again. "I'd rather not," he responded shortly. Chloe snorted. "Charlie knows. He goes to the Silver City 3 times in a month!" she protested.

"Charlie is Amenadiel's child, not mine." Lucifer argued.

"And he's also half-human," Chloe pointed out.

"Chloe, you know it's not that that's keeping me from showing her." Lucifer said quietly. "You're scared she'll react like everyone else. But you're her father!" she added before he could say anything else. Lucifer groaned and set his empty glass down, not bothering to refill it. "We will talk about it later, Chloe," he promised. "I love you,"

"I love you too,"

Lucifer hung up and sat down opposite the young man. "So, Algruthus-"

"I don't go by name that anymore," the demon cut in. The Devil raised an eyebrow coldly. "My King," Algruthus added.

"I'm not a king anymore, Algruthus." Lucifer said, standing up again. He walked back over to the bar and poured another drink.

"My name is Greyson now," the demon corrected quickly. Lucifer looked over his shoulder at him. He had flaming ruby-red curly hair, freckles across his nose, ears and neck, and eyes so dark brown they looked black. He flushed a little when Lucifer said; "Just because I am no longer a king, doesn't mean that you can cut across me when I am speaking. I am still on of God's children, and therefore deserving of respect from creatures such as demons from The Lilim."

"Sorry, sir," Greyson said, ducking his head. Lucifer passed him the glass and put his hands together, closing his eyes. "What are you doing..?" Greyson asked hesitantly. "Calling my brother. He needs to help me deal with you,"

"Wait, so you aren't going to fly me back down to Hell?" the demon asked quietly.

"Well, it seems like you've adapted quite well to Earth, but I need to make sure you aren't here to destroy my life on Earth."

"Wait, wait," Greyson stood up. "I'm not," he said when Lucifer opened one eye to look at at him. "The only reason I tracked you down was because I wanted to see my sister," he confessed quietly. Lucifer dropped his hands. "Mazikeen?" Lucifer said questionably. "Yes!" Greyson's eyes lit up.

"Oh, well, unfortunately, I don't think Maze wants to see anyone from The Lilim, now, or ever," Lucifer said to him, crossing his arms tightly.

"Are you not calling your brother anymore?"

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "I already have," he said as there was a soft whoosh from behind Greyson.

"You called?" Amenadiel asked sarcastically.