Chapter 4: A Visit

Lucifer POV

I suppose i did..

Lucifer sighed deeply and stood up to look almost face to face at a younger looking woman with a dark brown bob and asian features.

"Azrael," Lucifer sighed again, sitting back down. Azrael sat down sternly beside her brother and handed him a clipboard. "Hitler got fussy this week, so I need some pointers on how to deal with him," she said, lifting her chin slightly. 

"Seriously? This is your excuse?" Lucifer lifted an eyebrow at his sister. "Okay, fine. But I literally took over Hell for you, brother! I can visit sometimes!" she added.

"Azrael, I'm really not in the mood right now for a visit," the Devil said, passing the clipboard back. "Honestly, I don't understand how you even cope with ruling over that miserable place," he muttered.

"I bring books. And music. And Skype," Azrael said seriously. "You know, stuff to keep me busy," she said with a shrug.

"Bloody Hell," Lucifer rolled his eyes and began walking at a brisk pace, forcing Azrael to run to keep up with her brother. "Soo, how's Chloe?" she asked with a sly grin.

"I could go find out if you stopped pestering me," Lucifer responded, rolling his eyes again. Azrael punched his arm. "How about Wren?"

Lucifer stopped suddenly, leaving Azrael to circle back to her brother with a concerned look on her face.

"Uh oh.. She knows, doesn't she?" Azrael asked in a low voice, hugging the clipboard. In a flash, Lucifers eyes lit with hellfire, only for a second, and he loomed over his sister, who barely flinched. "Azrael," Lucifer mumbled, annoyed, when she rolled her eyes and turned her face down to her clipboard again. "You're only terrifying when you want to be." she said. Lucifer crossed his arms.

"I should get going," Azrael said smartly. Lucifer gave a slight nod and fished something from his back pocket. "Here, the reason you came," he murmured, passing them to his sister. Azreal looked up on last time at her brother, before going onto her toes and planting a quick kiss on his cheek. "See you next week, Luc," Azrael said with a small smile.

She spread her large brown, feathered wings and with the picture of her family on Earth in one hand, and over a dozen sweets in the other, she returned to Hell. Lucifer looked towards the sky and sighed again as tears threatened to fall. 

"Bloody Hell," Lucifer muttered again. He punched a random bench in annoyance. "I swear, I'm never going to get used to human emotions. Don't know how Maze handles them so well.."

"Lucifer!" Chloe gasped as she opened the front door. "Were you crying?" she added, furrowing her brows together. Lucifer rolled his eyes. "Come now, Detective, we know that you're the crier in our relationship!" he exclaimed as he put an arm around her waist. His wife frowned up at him with a slight smile- they were both remembering the day they had been reunited after almost a year on Earth and in Hell. Chloe had completely broken down- she had started punching Lucifer in every spot she could reach and swearing at the top of her lungs while crying furiously. 

"Still not the reunion I had pictured," Lucifer murmured to no one in particular, but Chloe heard. "Trixie, babe, Lucifers here," Chloe called into the kitchen. A head peeked out of the kitchen before a small boy came running at Lucifer. 

"Lucien!" Lucifer smiled, picking up his son and twirling him around. "Do you know where your sister is?"

"She said she was gonna go hang out with Maze," the boy declared. Lucifer ruffled his son hair up and sat him down on the ground again. As he ran back into the kitchen, Lucifer made to follow his son, but Chloe caught his sleeve. "Can we talk later?" Lucifer said before his wife could open her mouth. Chloe was confused, but she nodded and released her husband before following him into the brightly lit kitchen.