Chapter 6: The Nightmare

Chloe POV

"Its a boy!" Dan hollered at 1 AM in the morning. The sound of footsteps shuffling into the hospital room was deafening, but Chloe was used to the loud sounds of a large family. She was part of the biggest one of all, after all. 

The lot of them crowded around Ella and Dan, and the doctor began to protest about 'only four guests visiting at once', before Maze gave him a death glare that made him close his mouth. 

"He's so sweet," Chloe murmered to Ella as she watched the little boy stir in his mothers arms. Ella nodded but said nothing, admiring her son. 

"Have you chosen the name for the little urchin yet?" Lucifer asked, peering over his wife's head. Chloe turned her head slightly upwards to meet his eyes. Really? she asked him mentally.

"What?" Lucifer answered at Chloe's stink eye.

Maze punched Lucifer's arm. "We aren't allowed to call him that." she said, annoyed. When Lucifer opened his mouth to retort Chloe slapped him gently on the chest.

"Fine." Lucifer grumbled.

"We've named him Samuel, if you must know." Dan said with a roll of his eyes.

"Ah, like Samael!" Lucifer exclaimed. "No, after my great uncle in Germany." Dan answered blandly.

"And you say everyone here accepts me, huh?" Lucifer mocked, his comment directed at Chloe. There was a chrorus of "We do!" that echoed through the room before Wren gave a small nod to her father. Chloe saw Lucifer smile softly in return.

"Wren is staying with Charlie and company tonight and Lucien is at a sleepover with Maze," Chloe called to Lucifer once they got home. She was in their bedroom, changing into a long shirt with an open back that she wore to bed a lot, and tied her long honey blonde hair up into a messy bun.

"Wonderful." Lucifer called back from their washroom.

"D'you want to talk about it yet? Tell me about your day, maybe?" Chloe asked as she slipped under the duvet and rested her bare back against the pillows.

"Not, really, no." came Lucifer's voice as he entered the bedroom. He was wearing his red and black robe and nothing else.

"You know, before we got married, I never woud have guessed that you sleep naked." Chloe observed as her husband slipped into bed with her. 

"Well, before we got married, I didn't do much sleeping," Lucifer responded with an air of flatness. Chloe shot him a look before Lucifer pulled his wife down beside him and hooked his arm around her waist. Chloe sighed and closed her eyes, knowing she was safe.

Chloe suddenly awoke and checked the clock. It was still very much dark outside, so she wondered why she was awake. It was 3 AM. Then she realized Lucifer was squeezing her waist a litte too hard.

"Oh no, not again." Chloe breathed. She managed to turn over in her husbands grasp and looked up at his face in the moonlight. Lucifer's face was dotted with tears, and as she watched, two more trinkled out from under his eyelids. 

"Hey, hey, Lucifer." Chloe said softly, reaching up to touch her husbands face. Lucifer was breathing quickly, and he was starting to sweat.

"Lucifer," Chloe said again, brushing his dark and damp hair back from his face. "Lucifer, you're crushing me," Chloe said as his arms tightened around her again.

"Lucifer," Chloe repeated. Lucifer gasped slightly and released his grip on Chloe. He instantly buried his face in her hair and Chloe could tell that he was trying not to break down. His bare chest moved up and down slowly and chloe nestled deeper into his chest, closing her eyes.

"It was horrible." Lucifer mumbled into her scalp. 

"Did you remember anything this time?" Chloe asked quietly. There was a pause.

"We were back on that balcony." Lucifer sighed. Chloe took a shattering breath and said nothing.

"What happened?" Chloe asked after a silent minute. Lucifer shrugged slightly and made to turn away, but Chloe grabbed his arm as he turned over.

"Tell me." she said seriously.

Lucifer sighed again and pulled his wife closer once more.

"We were on the balcony." he repeated softly, closing his eyes. "We had just said our goodbyes, and then-" he took a small breath.

"Hands reached up, pulled you away from me, scaly, demon hands that looked like my own." he mumbled. Chloe looked down at the hands that held her, took one and interlocked his fingers with hers, leaning against his chest.

"Do you remember anything else?" she asked softly. He shook his head slowly, trying to remember.

"No," he exhaled after a minute. 

"I'm sorry." Lucifer said. Chloe looked up at him again, surprised.

"Oh, come now, it's not that monumental when I say sorry!" Lucifer exclaimed, a smile playing beside his eyes. 

"No, what are you sorry for?" Chloe asked gently. The smile faded behind his eyes and he rested his head on top of his wife once more.

"For leaving you." he said sadly.

"Oh, Lucifer, there are so many things that I wish I could've taken back, don't start counting how many you should've." Chloe responded with a small sigh.

Lucifer said nothing.

In minutes they were both asleep again, wrapped in each others arms.

Hey y'all! It's Gaby, and finally, here's the next chapter! I'm so sorry that nothing ended up happening here, but I got stuck and also, i'm working on another fanfic that I think you will all enjoy!!! I know this chapter is pure fluff, but I needed some Deckerstar action and I'm positive my readers did too ^^

Stay tuned for the next chapter, I promise it will be longer! BUT WAIT, there's one more thing. I've got no idea who I want the next chapters perspective to be from, so, comment below, please!

PS I'm serious, I really need your guys's help. IM STUCK AGAIN.

Bye, love you all!!!!