Chapter 5: Again?

Wren POV

earlier that day..

I ran.

I didn't know where I was running, exactly, but I knew I had to get away from my father. He's the Devil, he's really the Devil.

I reached a bus shop and sat down on a bench, panting for breath and looking over my shoulder, making sure he hadn't followed me. Charlie, I need Charlie

After a minute, I decided to call my cousin. I whipped out my phone quickly and dialed him, my mind still reeling from what I had just learned. "Charlie!" I hissed when he picked up. 

"Hang on, I'll be right there," he said, and without another word, he hung up. I groaned and leaned back on the bench's back. There was a quiet whoosh from behind me and then he put is hand on my shoulder and crouched down in front of me.

"Charlie," I breathed a sigh of relief and folded into his chest. "Can you tell me what happened?" he asked quietly. "Can we go somewhere else?" I asked back. He nodded and we both stood. "D'you want to try flying?"

I looked up at him in confusion. "Wait.. you mean actually flying?" I asked, a note of hysteric in my voice. Charlie gave me a weird look and and then gave shrugged his shoulders. I gasped and stepped back as a pair of gorgeous, black wings sprouted from his back. "Milady," Charlie said, holding out his hand. I giggled and took his hand. My cousin wrapped his arms around me and lifted me into bridal style before shooting into the sky. 

Before I knew it, we were above the clouds and Charlie loosened his grip on me. "Do you want to go to the Silver City?" he asked me.

"Wait, you mean Heaven?" 

"Yes, Heaven," Charlie answered. I felt my eyes widen before I decided. "Nope, nope, nope, not going, noope,"

"Why not?" came the response. 

"Not ready. I just found out and now you want to take me to Heaven??" 

Charlie held up his hands. "Fine, fine," he said. I looked below me and saw the bright, twinkling lights of Los Angeles, and I exhaled. I realinquished my hold on my cousin and he yelled, "Wren!" before I shrugged my shoulders slightly, like he had just done. 

A pair of white, feathered wings with purple tips sprouted from my back, and I looked over my shoulder at them while saying, "Wow!" softly.

"Why the hell would you scare me like that?!" Charlie yelled after he examined me. 

"Um, lets go to your parents place, okay?" I said, still staring in awe at the feathery wonders attached to my back.

"I actually agree with you." came Charlies response.

"Charlie, Wren!" Linda said as she opened the door 20 minutes later. She gave our windswept hair a side look as we walked inside, but said nothing. 

"Is Eve still here?" Charlie said under his breath. "Yeah, who was that lady?" I added quickly.

Linda sighed. "Do you want the truth, or the simple answer?"

"The truth woul be great." I crossed my arms.

"Well, she's your dad's ex," Linda began truthfully, "from the beginning of time." 

My mouth dropped open. "Oh, so she's, like, Eve, Eve?" I hissed. "From the garden of Eden?!"

Linda's mouth was moving, but no words were coming out. "How long have you known?" she asked finally. "Yeah," I answered flatly.