Chapter 6

So it turns out the girl wasn't dead, but she was close to it. After finding her half dead body slumped in the bathroom, I ran to the hallway and shook and screamed at the first student I saw to go and get a teacher, urgently. Luckily it wasn't a young and small student, otherwise he would've been unconscious too on the fact of how hard I grabbed him and sharply turned him towards me. Everything after that was a blur, I went back in to go check on the girl, grabbing her as gently as I could and putting her in the recovery position, seconds after I'd done that, the bathroom door opened and in came a teacher, who shouted for more teachers to come, and eventually I  was lead away. I was questioned on what happened, but because I was only the one to find her, it was brief and they asked me if I wanted to go home. Honestly though, I was fine, I was shaken up at the time, but now I felt fine, especially after I found out she wasn't actually dead.

"What do you think happened to her?" Tamara couldn't even wait until I'd sat down at the dinner table before she started.

"Wow, news really does get around fast!" I couldn't help being sarcastic, I'd had people staring at me for the last two periods, some even daring to come up to me and ask.

"I heard that she'd taken drugs and overdosed" Sally looked deep in thought, most likely wondering if the possibilities of what happened to the girl, like everyone else.

"I can't believe you didn't tell us straight away" Tamara had the audacity to look offended, I just gave her a dry look.

"I've literally only seen you, just right now" She retuned my look with a pointed one.

"That's what mobile phones are for, Layla" A tray slapped down next to me, and I felt the same delicate chill up my back.

"What's happening Ladies?" This didn't come from the person who had decided to sit down next to me, but from the person who had sat opposite me and next to Tamara, Roman. Three different emotions formed on all three of our faces. Me, annoyance. Sally, tenseness. Tamara, love. My annoyance grew at the last one.

"Why are you here?" I couldn't stop the words, because of my morning they came out before I could do anything about it.

"What? Don't you enjoy our company?" I turned to the voice next to me to make a sarcastic retort, but stopped for a split second whilst I stared into his ocean blue eyes. I was mesmerised, and the fire of annoyance that was slowly building up inside me instantly vanished. A cool feeling came over me, even more cooler than when Talia hummed her tune behind me on the first day. His eyes were connected with mine, and he was looking at me with the same amount of wonder on his face as the rest of them did, but mixed with something else. It felt like we were staring at each other for hours, even though it was micro seconds. This didn't stop me from remembering what he said on our last visit though.

"Who do you think you are?" I snapped at him. He also jerked back to reality and shot me a glare.

"It was only a question, no need to get your trousers in a twist"

"No, I have the right to be angry. Who do you think you are asking if I always have a bad attitude?"

"Well you did have yesterday" He retorted back, and I couldn't even deny it, but I had good reason.

"Because you were winding me up, you all were. Well not Talia, but you and Roman, you were intentionally making me angry, and the three of you keep barging into my life when you're not needed here!" They all had the nerve to look hurt, but I especially couldn't help but feel bad for Talia after my outburst. She looked so fragile and I knew she wasn't someone who intentionally other people. I took calm breath and looked towards Sally and Tamara, who both had mixed reactions again. Tamara was giving me a stern look, telling me I'f gone too far, but Sally was smirking, which she quickly hid once she noticed I was staring. Looking back to Tamara, I  followed what her eyes were telling me to also look at, and her eye line was looking at Talia. I groaned loudly, startling the trio who hadn't seen the silent conversation, and I began the torturous event I liked to called apologising.