Chapter 13

Exactly how I thought, Talia reacted in a horrified way, well overreacted I thought.

"I couldn't possibly do that, that's taking from mother nature, that's what you're talking about doing, right?" I hit her with a deadpan look.

"Talia, you're a part of Mother nature. You control elements of the earth." She still looked doubtful. I just rolled my eyes at her.

"I didn't mean it in a malicious or evil way. I didn't mean to continuously kill off things from the earth to survive, I meant take little dabs of energy, to help restore yours."  She still looked doubtful, but thankfully, not as much."

"I can even bet that when you see a dying flower, you revive it. Am i wrong?" She shook her head, but I already knew the answer before she did, she was that kind hearted.

"You give much to the earth, you help it, so let it help you."

"But how do I even do it?" This stumped me, and I wracked my brain , but then thankfully, it came to me.

"You use the same feeling that you use to give your energy to the plants, but in reverse" She good me a blank look, and I  knew exactly what it was for, but we had to try.

"Give it a go, that flower over there looks pretty healthy." She slowly looked at the flower that was less than a meter away from us. Giving a heavy sigh, she crawled over to it, and lightly touched one of the petals.

"remember, you want to take, not give." She gave me one last exasperated look, before closing her eyes and turning to the flower.

"Im sorry" She whispered, and although i found that gesture endearing, it made me roll my eyes. She wasn't killing it, and it wasn't technically alive, but each to their own. We waited, and nothing happened, after waiting some some more, I thought it wasn't going to work, but then she started to glow, only slightly but brought that I still let myself grow excited. I hoped the glow was because she was receiving back her well spent energy and nothing else that could affect her negatively any more. The anticipation was killing me, watching Talia grow brighter with my eagle eyes but then slowly, the glowing faded until she was shining now more. She didn't turn around straight away, and I prayed nothing bad had happened, that it had gone the way we wanted it to, so I waited until she was comfortable, and when she was ready, she faced her body towards me. Seeing the changes straight away, they were unbelievable, I almost couldn't believe that I'd come up with such a brilliant plan.

"Talia, you look so much better" A small, sad smile came onto her face, and I instantly knew she felt terrible about what she'd done, that's what prompted the groan to escape my lips.

"Listen, if you don't want to continue doing it, it's fine, I just don't want to see you so tired and drained all the time. Look at the flower, you didn't kill it , you have barely made a dent in it's life, and it's helped you, just like the countless hours you probably spent helping the earth itself." She brightened up, slightly, at this, and a smile washed over my face.

"I guess, I just don't want to be like the shadows, I mean, they take life, just like I'm doing." I felt my fire burn and swirl in me and my smile vanished immediately, but I tried not to direct my anger at Talia herself, it was just anger at the thoughts that was thinking, the very fact that she compared herself to them monsters, like she was anything remotely like the Shadows.