Chapter 6-

EVIE STAMMERED A Little before gaining the ability to speak normal words again.

"What makes you think that I'm up to something bad?" Mal cocked an eyebrow, and opened her mouth.

"Mal!" An out of breath Ben came up from behind, saving Evie from a long and unwanted explanation. "Mal, I've been looking everywhere for you. We have to go to the meeting now, it starts in ten minutes." He said leaning on a locker, panting. He looked up, "oh, hey Evie." The prince then grabbed Mal's hand pulled her off, leaving the princess alone. She sighed and turned back to the tourney fields. She peeked around the corner once more and cursed when she saw Jay, Carlos, Tanner, Aziz, and Herkie warming up. So she quickly ran back into her room and slammed into her midnight-blue and red vanity. She dug through the drawers, finding the light blue perfume bottle, and throwing it into her purse, next to the apple that had been thrown carelessly in after the encounter with Mal.

For the second time, she made her way back to the tourney fields, her heels clicking against the concrete flooring. She stepped around the bleachers and V.I.P. access boxes, starting her oh so treacherous walk across the fields, making a straight beeline for the locker rooms underneath the announcer's box. Nobody noticed her since they were all too interested in who had the ball where it was going to be thrown. When she was halfway across, she noticed that the play was making its way over to her, so she started walking faster. She sighed in relief as she made it to the door, although unknown to her, the motion did not go unnoticed. Carlos bumped Jay's shoulder, and her gave the younger boy a glare. But Carlos simply pointed to the door where the tip of a red heel could be seen before disappearing. They shared a glance.

"Yo, we got to go...to the bathroom. Aziz, don't let us down," Jay said. Aziz smiled and saluted him, and the two boys made their way into the locker room.

By the time they made it into the locker room, Evie had already put the apple in his locker, and left a note by it, saying the apple was from Rachel, Rapunzel's daughter and Herkie's girlfriend. Evie was just about to leave, but Jay blocked the doorway.

"What are you doing?" She asked him hotly. She didn't have time for this.

"What are you doing here?" Carlos asked from his perch from the coffee counter.

"What do you mean? I forgot my compact mirror from the other day. Right before Doug- he- right before we broke things off, we met here. On the tourney fields. The-then he told me about Sadie and broke up with m-me. And so then I ran into here and cried. I took out my mirror to ask it a question, and I didn't like the answer, so I threw it into the trashcan and stormed off. Yesterday, I was trying to find it, and I couldn't, but then today I remembered where I put it. So, I'm here because Doug broke up with me," she spoke curtly, but she completed the lie with real tears. Jay sighed and moved, allowing her to leave, believing every word. She left without a word. Carlos stared at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Why are you staring at me like that," Jay asked.

"There is no way you could have believed her. Her magic mirror is in the museum, with Mal's spellbook." Carlos explained, getting off the counter. He paced and pulled at his hair, "she can not be up to something good if she's resorted to lying. We have to go tell Mal!" With that, the duo ran towards the school, in a fruitless search for the short-tempered fairy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dont forget to comment and vote, lovelies!!

                                   Blue