Chapter 4 Mufasa's death

Bold means-author is talking

italic means-thoughts

"Quotation" marks mean-character is talking out loud to other characters

I knew today was the day Mufasa would die because I was with Simba and Nala when Scar came by and said to Simba that Mufasa had a surprise for him and they both walked towards the ravine I think that's what it is called XD. I knew that Mufasa must die so Simba doesn't become an arrogant king so I let Simba go with Scar. Yeah I know you are all probably clutching your screens and cursing me for doing this in the story but it has to happen I'm sorry readers. For the rest of the day I played with Nala the pride was a little worried when Mufasa didn't come back from patrol yet, but they just shrugged it off thinking Mufasa and Simba were having father and son bonding time. When night came Scar came back and called a meeting outside of pride rock the whole pride grouped together to listen to what he had to say.  "Mufasa's death is a terrible tragedy and to lose Simba who had barely begun to live, for me it is a deep personal loss. So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne yet out of the ashes of this tragedy we shall rise to greet a dawning of a new era in which lion and hyena come together in a great and glorious future". The lionesses and I stared in shock of all the hyenas in the pridelands at least Simba is still alive but the hyenas are a big problem, and since I recently joined Scar has the right to banish me from the pride I just hope he doesn't . 

Time skip-

 A year has passed since Scar took over the throne and the pridelands is now a barren wasteland. The pride is getting weaker due to lack of food and water, well that is except for me and Nala. They gave us as much as they could spare to keep our strength up saying that someday we will run and get help from a pride past the outlands. Sarabi called me and Nala over at night saying she needs to talk to us "what is it that you want to discuss with us Sarabi" I asked as me and Nala walked over. "It is time that you girls go and look for help you have to leave now while Scar is sleeping" she said with authority. "But what happens if he finds out we are gone wont he hurt you and the pride" Nala said. "Don't worry he won't even notice you are gone and if he does at least you 2 will be safe from his wrath" she said with a weak smile. I looked over at her and said "are you sure" she replied with a simple nod to both of us and walked into the cave where the rest of the pride are sleeping. "Well I guess we should be going" I said with worry in my voice "yeah let's go" Nala said with a sad tone probably thinking about her mother and Sarabi's safety. We snuck by any hyenas that were still awake silently and ran into the outlands to look for help, I just hope we wont be too late.