Chapter 5

3:45 pmAfter school, Front gate

3:45 pm
After school, Front gate

-Y/n's POV-

Yoojung and I were talking about our favorite types of activities during the seasons while waiting for the boys to show up at the gate. We were getting impatient, well mostly me. But we waited for 15 minutes and they haven't shown. I was about to leave when they came running from the school at speeds where it was surprising they haven't fallen yet. Stopping in front us, highly panting Yeosang decided to speak up as he was the only one who could properly breathe.

"We're so sorry, we got yelled at for running in the halls and had to stay for a lecture." He said controlling his breathing in the process.

"May I ask why you wanted to meet us here?" Seonghwa said tilting his head a bit. I walked over to Wooyoung, Opening his hand and placed a note in it whilst closing his palm.

"Meet me at that address in 20." I said walking away from the Confused group with yoojung next to me.

I mean you're probably wondering why I said 20 minutes? Well I'm planning on moving out and going back to my house where I can live with Yoojung. She said she had family problems and i really wanna help her out, It's a surprise, shhh. I told Yoojung to stay outside as I walked inside and told my 'parents' everything. They were happy and proud I was Opening up and helping someone. They told me they'd have people go to her home and get her stuff and the same with me.

I walked back to the car and hopped in with 10 minutes to spare, driving to my house I saw the boys next to their cars. I parked in the garage and told Yoojung and the Boys to come in. They sat on my Long 'L' Shaped Couch, I told them to get comfortable while I changed. I ran upstairs took a quick shower, changed into Sweatpants, a hoodie and tied my hair into a messy bun. I walked back into the Living room hearing Laughter, I looked over and saw the boys and Yoojung were laughing and talking.

"She's making more friends." I mumbled with a smile. Wait. Did I just? I just smiled a real smile after..so long.

I shook it off and walked into the Kitchen to make them some snacks and juice. I made some popcorn and some fruit punch, walking out to the Living room I plopped on the couch next to Jongho feeling comfy before I let out,

"I made snacks, go get some if you want it." They all ran to the kitchen, other then Yoojung who sat there smiling at the floor. I scooted closer to her and hesitated before hugging her. She looked at me shocked, but returned the hug. She smiled softly before letting out a quiet,

"Thank you, thank you so much for everything Y/n." I smiled at that, just making her even more shocked.

Maybe... maybe I should be nicer? Not everyone will abandon me. That's it, starting today I will be Kind to These 9. I wanna change my ways and actually TRY to make friends. Being too lazy to grab the remote I rolled over on the couch and pouted trying to reach it on the coffee table. Yoojung giggled and Grabbed it for me. I mumbled a "thank you" and turned on the TV. It was broadcasted to the News, I was about to click away when I heard something that sparked my interests.

"Today ATEEZ strike again! Mass Drug producer was found dead along with his gang after what witnesses say the notorious Ateez were spotted leaving the Crime scene. More after the break." The news lady said before I heard a bowl drop behind me. Looking over my shoulder I saw The boys staring, mouths agape staring at the screen. Yunho was the one who dropped his bowl of Half eaten popcorn and Wooyoung looked as if he saw a ghost. Suspicious, as if Yoojung and I had the same thought we both looked at each other with confusion written on our faces.

"WE SHOULD WATCH SOME NETFLIX, YEAH...!" Hongjoong said practically tossing himself over the couch and grabbing the remote from my hands. The boys sat down after, some looking pale and the others sweating.

"Why so nervous? It's not like you guys are Ateez, right?" I said getting serious, nudging Yoojung. The boys looked pale, Seonghwa Breathing heavily.

"I'm just kidding! Why so serious??" I said laughing with Yoojung. They slowly started nervously laughing with us, we later stopped and watched some Netflix. After we played 20 Questions, for real. It was getting 'late' so The boys left, before Yoojung could leave I grabbed her hand.

"Yoojung, I have a surprise for you" I said smiling. She tilted her head to the side and I kept going. "I know you said your family never wants you home sooo, You're gonna stay with me from now on!" I said happily as she became Shocked, then happy. She started crying and kept saying "thank you, thank you so much." I showed her the room where she would stay. There was already a bed in the room and she said she would go to sleep. I wished her goodnight and walked to my room.

- - -

11:30 pm
Side street, Sidewalk

-Y/n's POV-

I decided I would take a walk to think about my Real family and who they could be. I was walking when I heard a scream of pain, it sounded like a man. I picked up my pace and speed walked to the scream, it came from an alley way. I took a peek and saw a man on the floor against the wall and what looked like 8? men surrounding him. One of the men who looked to be the leader had a gun against the man's head, knowing I couldn't let the man die I walked Into view.

"Leave him alone!" I said, Voice cold but venomous. They were wearing masks but when they all turned to me I noticed who they were, it was ATEEZ. But that didn't stop me from picking up a broken bottle and walking towards the group.

"You shouldn't be here, Little girl" The voice sounded familiar, but then again he's a criminal and I'm no friend of a criminal. I kicked the gun out the guys hands and grabbed it, pointing it at the men. They all looked at me, but one pair of eyes looked at me. They were so familiar.. but who? I was about to confront him but I then remembered the man behind me in pain.

"Sir are you okay? Where does it hurt? Do you need a hospital?" I said checking the males pulse.

"You shouldn't be helping him Y/- Uhm, miss." When the voice said a bit of my name I looked at them with cold but curious eyes.

"How do you know my name? Hm, Answer me!" I said pointing the gun at them after no answer. I wasn't taking this and grabbed one of them, bending their arm behind their back and pointing the gun to his head.

"F-Fine! Just.. let him go. Please." The boy said pleading with me. I let him go but with force. I was curious and pointed at the eyes that made me the most curious, he walked forward with his head down. I walked over and removed his mask and Hat, the only thing on my face was pure shock and disbelief. I dropped the hat and mask and stepped back. Wooyoung looked up at me with Guilt and Sadness in his eyes. I looked at the rest of them and it finally hit me. They were the people I thought of as friends, the ones I was finally gonna trust because I thought it was fine. The boys removed their masks and I was close to crying.

"You.. Liars! I trusted you!" I was turning my pain into rage. I was close to smacking Wooyoung before San grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. I felt something in my head feel fuzzy and all i remember was my name being called and me fainting.

To Be Continued...