Clue

“Sect leader, are you okay?”

“Is there something bothering sect leader? Please tell your subordinate so that we could help – “

Jiang Cheng sighed as he made them leave after assuring them he is fine. So far, he already remembered about Wei Wuxian’s rebirth, everything that happened during the Nightless Day, his hate towards Wei Wuxian and so on. So even if Wei Wuxian goes back, there’s no need for him to tell him what happened in the past. Or, maybe that’s why Wei Wuxian didn’t tell him before he left because he knew that his memories will come back soon, and also letting him remember all of his memories by himself.

What bothers him now is that… Jiang Cheng sighed as he looked outside and watch the boats on the lake. He can’t remember who’s that man, and why is he with him. Seems that… he was abducted by that man? However, that can’t be. Even if the man’s strength and power is greater than him, he believes he wouldn’t lose since he still has his Zidian. And if he’d be force against his will, he knows himself he’ll choose to self-destruct than let someone take him away. So… he thought as his brows furrowed. I went with that man on my own will? But… why? He thought, puzzled. He didn’t notice he’s gripping the paper too hard it crumpled and was about to be torn.

“Uncle?” Jin Ling’s voice woke him up. “What’s wrong? You look pale…” he said as he went inside.

Jiang Cheng just looked at him. He knew that the reason why Jin Ling’s attitude is like his is because he’s the one who raised up the child. “I’m fine.” He said as he smoothen the paper slowly. “I just have something on my mind.” He told him.

“What is it?” Jin Ling asked as he sat. It’s rare for his uncle to have something to be pondered about for a long time…

Jiang Cheng didn’t bother to hide something from his nephew, since he thinks Jin Ling might have an idea about his problem. “I don’t know for how long, but I disappeared from the sect. I just returned not long ago, and discovered I have amnesia. I also have some fake memories implanted on my mind, but now I’ve recovered all of my memories. And those fake memories are now gone.” He said, ignoring Jin Ling’s shocked expression. “I figured I must have left on my own will, since getting abducted is impossible to me.” He finished.

Jin Ling recovered his stupid expression despite being still shocked. His uncle is right. His uncle must have left on his own, since being abducted… he can’t picture his uncle being abducted.

Jiang Cheng added. “I remembered I’m with someone when I was living on that village. However, I can’t remember who.” He said.

Jin Ling felt his jaw dropped on the floor. His uncle… eloped with someone?! He thought, shocked. His face is red. And that someone, they brought harm to him and uncle became amnesiac. Worse, that someone now is missing! He felt rage in his heart. My aunt shouldn’t be this cowardly!

Jiang Cheng is still staring outside thus he didn’t saw Jin Ling’s expression. Else, he must noticed his nephew misunderstood him. “I only remember this recently. Wei Wuxian isn’t here yet so I can’t tell him.” He said and turned to Jin Ling whose expression is calm now. “And so I ask you. You know I’m not close with anyone. But, I want to know if you have an idea if to whom am I possible to go with if I have an official business.” He told Jin Ling.

Jin Ling’s brows knit. “Aside from the YunmengJiang and LanlingJin sect, there’s no one else…” he said, then stopped. “Wei Wuxian.” He answered.

Jiang Cheng calmly nodded. “However, Wei Wuxian is with Lan Wangji. And even if Wei Wuxian try take me somewhere, I and Lan Wangji wouldn’t agree.” He said.

Jin Ling secretly grimaced. Right. He thought. Hanguang-jun is an ice-cold vinegar and uncle despises Wei Wuxian. He thought. “Then… who…?” he muttered.

Jiang Cheng sighed. “I believe I left for an official but secret business, that is why I didn’t notify my subordinates.” He said. “However, I don’t trust anybody. I must have left alone.”

Jin Ling pondered. “Then, uncle must have encountered my aunt-this person while you do your business?” he asked.

To Jin Ling’s surprise, Jiang Cheng shook his head. “Even if I lose my memories, I don’t interact to them casually, much less familiarly.” He said.

This time, Jin Ling understood. “You mean…” he said.

Jiang Cheng nodded. “Aside from Wei Wuxian…” he said. “I wonder to who am I going to act familiar and live with them for who knows how many days.” He said, then frowned. That man clearly knows him, and he knows and feels he must also know that man. However, based on Jin Ling’s words, he doesn’t have any people close to him aside from Jin Ling and Wei Wuxian.

Then… who was that man that’s with him during that time?